Friday, March 28, 2008

Exactly

This is exactly how I feel today watching the snow fall since waking up this morning. I am fairly close to beers...er, tears. I meant tears...later, of course, it will be beers. It is only 2:30 pm yet.
I am a wimp. Hah, beat you to it, didn't I? I am. A wimp, that is. I agree. But last week, we were out in shirt sleeves working in the yard...counting the blossoms, putting up lattice for the passionflower vines that are probably dead now. This constant change in the weather wreaks havoc on my body, too, and the regular low-level daily dose of arthritis in my back and shoulder has been amplified to near crippling for days now...taking aspirin or advil or anything kills my stomach, churning up acids and air, which then causes further pain in my shoulders and back and this horrible cycle is rolling along again at a fair pace right now.
I am in a slow, simmering bad mood...my own typical moroseness, this state of limbo while waiting to hear from Immigration, the grey returning after the promise of sun and sweetness; all egged on further by this nagging pain running down my spine and crawling over my shoulder and down the top of my arm . It makes me wonder what age 60 will feel like...or 70. And how I will deal with it then. All I want to do is crawl back into bed. And cry...until I fall asleep and dream of warm beaches on a southern gulf, long days of sunlight and short seasons of rain...the sun warming me all the way, deep into to my aching bones.
I need some distraction from this glorious sadness. Anyone?

It's not supposed to be like this here, now.


This is what it is supposed to look like...this was last week.



This is today. What gives?
Thanks for listening.
Later.





12 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Ohhhhh


I know!

It just won't stop! winter, sadness, aches and pains.

I am managing a short walk with the pug each day now, very slowly. I have to get my muscle tone back after a week of slothing and trying not to barf. (Damn drugs.) I know that my body and brain all need the physical movement but it's the last thing I feel like doing.

I commiserate.

Great tunes... you have the best taste in music. You are educating me in stuff I should have known about ages ago.

xo

there's a gorgeous photo on top of my piano and I stop to look at it a lot.

Gemma Grace said...

Sending you a sweet and gentle whisper of spring blessings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

JoS said...

Hey, it snowed down here, too. I agree. It ain't supposed to. Not now. Let's take a week and go south -- maybe San Jose de las Palomas or Miramar in Baja? Or let's be really exotic and go to Ko Adang or Ko Libong off the coast of Thailand. Here's a link to take you on a little vacation:
http://www.travelfish.org/islands.php
Enjoy!

May the sun comes out, the flowers burst into brilliant bloom, and your back and shoulder forget to hurt real soon!

dilling said...

Oh Heidi...we're together, ain't we?
Gemma, thanks...that is one of my absolute very favorite feel good videos of all time(along with this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5rhhQbyYV)
Jo....I really feel like a wimp compared to what you just went through, and I am sure my "before" is nowhere near yours...and I can only cross the border in my dreams right now...howver, our friends just bought a big ole boat so next time you find yourself going to Hornby, you better be prepared for company.

Michael Colvin said...

Sorry to hear about your aches and pains. Nagging pain that never goes away can be really debillitating. Luckily I can stomach the drugs that I need. I couldn't do without them.

As for the crazy weather? I'm sure it means we are gonna have a glorious Summer! Yeah, a great big long hot one! Woohoo!

katy said...

the weather sure is confusing to all the animals and plants.
hope the sun soon returns and the flowers bloom again.
hope the pain you are in soon eases too, and fingers crossed with the waiting game

Olly said...

I know, I know....it's time for warmer weather and LOTS of sunshine. But...I couldn't help but get a little excited to see a bit more snow. I'll take it over rain anyday. The good thing was it didn't stick on the roads or close the schools.

Yvonne said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw the news! We had a bit in Vic but nothing like Nanaimo. And I was just working on the pics for my long overdue Spring entry!
As I write this, it's a cozy 1 degree outside!

Anonymous said...

I so hear you; the aches, the snow, all of it! Makes me want to kick something! Grrr....

Biddie said...

Love your Bobby Goren montage! Wasn't he sooo cute in Adventures In Babysitting? Oh, Thor!
I know what you mean about the aches and pains. I keep thinking that spring is ALMOST here..and then we get more snow.
Today, I can see my driveway again. It has been snowed in for months. Thats a start, right??

Biddie said...

There is an award waiting for you at my place :)

Gardenia said...

Today, and in much pain, I am commenting from the Gulf. 76 degrees, and when it is sunny we have all, we think, visited heaven. Today it rained so bad I had to leave interstate and take back roads so I could see. My spine too is raging and at its worst I feel it will never end. Always am grateful for a let-up and I'm 63 - but the days of pain here are less than up in Wyoming where I was for two years recently.......take heart spring will come - it will - and if you decide to take a break and visit our emerald shores with the white sand - email me - I will welcome you