Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Seemed like Spring was here....


and now it's cold again, and kinda grey. Like me. I am doing a lot of harrumphing lately. I have a whole lot of energy for a day, maybe two. Then nothing. Just the blues and the grumbles. Michael's got lots of late hours with a new project at work which means I have even more hours to myself. Not that I don't enjoy my own company, but damn. I am bored of me. I have heard all of my stories so many times that I could repeat them back to me verbatim. I could finish my own sentences. I know EXACTLY what I would say in any given situation. Boring.
Some days I jump out of bed, and walk the dog, exercise, walk the dog again, motor around, accomplish things and begin to think I am over winter, have pushed back the veil, walk the dog again, bake, cook, clean...and then the next morning I lay in bed waiting for Eem-er to go make my coffee. She doesn't, of course. She's too short to reach the counter/stove and then there's that thing about not having any thumbs which makes it difficult to open the espresso maker. Also, she is afraid of the coffee grinder. So I have to get up and make it myself which means the day does have to begin...and maybe it's gonna be a long one...like today. And I smile and laugh with the dogwalkers and stop to see my friends and take some photos and run out for eggs, start dinner already(!)...but there are still so many hours left...and I am NOT going to watch Dr. Phil or Oprah. Nope. Don't even ask me. No soap operas, either.
Ah well....that's enough of that, eh?
See y'all later.







9 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I know how that feels. G is doing long work days too and like you I am left to twiddle my thumbs for hours.

Soaps? Bleh... Oprah and the rest? Bleh... I am partial to a bit of Judge Judy tho, only because she shouts at and calls people that deserve it, idiots.

But I wrote a really really long comment just to say that your espresso maker is to die for!!!

Olly said...

Yeah, this winter dreariness is carrying on way too long. Now I have a stupid cold/flu thing that isn't improving my mood much. Can't go for walk, to the gym, etc. Don't feel like cleaning, or catching up with work in the office. It's even hard to go out and make some collection visits to contractors with a froggy voice.

Like you and Tod - NO daytime TV. It's even more depressing.

Margaret said...

I always WANT more time, and then when I get it, I always feel at loose ends. I need to accomplish things or stay active, but I'm not good at forcing myself to do so. We have been flirting with spring down here in WA--but then the rain, and the hail come with blue sky to follow for a brief time. I never know what to wear!

raine said...

I agree with tod - a little Judge Judy could set you right. Or maybe you could NOT pay some bills and then be entertained by Olly coming over and threatening you in her froggy voice?

Or, you could watch Oprah and count the times she repeats herself when she thinks she has said something profound...

Love the photo of your coffeepot. You are getting good at those TTV or TTF or whatever they are called!!

CindyDianne said...

I think it was going around yesterday. Nearly every minute of the day sucked yesterday.

dilling said...

No Judge Judy...but the Daily Show and Stephen Colbert are on at 4, so I usually listen to them while cooking...just seems like the days are so long right now, and not in a good way. Not long like sunny and warm and we can spend an afternoon swimming long...it's grey and cold and spend the afternoon watching the storm windows rattle long...while counting the hookers walk by.

dilling said...

thanks Rain...it's fun, and a nice indoor activity, though I did take it out to chase river yesterday. I haven't built the proper rig so it's difficult to use "on the go" since I am basically balancing two cameras when taking these photos.

I think I am having an "Aha" moment right now! Not. Is that right? Is it an "Aha" moment or is it something more awe-inspiring? Is my Oprah terminology correct?

captain corky said...

I think we need to add a cocktail hour to your schedule. Drinks around 7ish sound good?

Or you could rent the first and only three seasons of Star Trek. Those three seasons have kept me entertained for over 30 years. ;)

Heidi the Hick said...

You kinda made my chuckle here... felt good...