Friday, March 07, 2008

Springtime means....

that even though the daffodils in my yard are not blooming yet(soon, very soon), I can buy them for 79 cents per box at Shady Mile Farm Market to plant in my garden later! Little delicious mini daffies, at that. Springtime means that some days, I get to open the doors and windows and air out this old 1923 house. It smells like an old house sometimes. Can't be helped. We even b-b-qued the other night...buffalo tenderloin steak. The first bbq of the season!
Springtime also means this....our trees and shrubs and last years dead stuff has all been cleared to make way for this year's lushness. Come on, come on, come on!!!!! Bloom already!
Springtime means the dog walks are getting greener and greener....



which is just the tiniest bit sad, because all those leaves also means that it becomes more difficult to see all the little shy birds...


Springtime means sitting outdoors with the mutts and my friends at the coffee shop where they keep the crocus corralled. There's a new Serious Coffee in town down by the river walk at Chase River Estuary, Rain. Bonus! When are you booking walkies time with me?




Springtime means after sipping coffees outside at the coffee shop with the mutts, we can head down to the river where the crocus run free and the world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.
Welcome Spring. It is good to see you again, my friend.




by
e.e. cummings
in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman
whistles far and wee
and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring
when the world is puddle-wonderful
the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing
from hop-scotch and jump-rope and
it's
spring
and
the
goat-footed
balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee


CindyDianne got snow for her Spring Photo Challenge! SNOW!!! Tod took us out for a royal stroll at Leed's. Rain is late, but she'll be along shortly with her challenge. How about the rest of you?
Well, Anita beat us all to the punch! She got her challenge photos up a couple posts ago! Now we're all late, Rain! Well, Heidi's not late but apparently Spring is late out there...and Yvonne is seeing the colour purple. Gawilli is seeing signs of Spring sticking to her despite the snow...and Ollie is hanging out her sheets to catch the scents of Spring.

10 comments:

CindyDianne said...

oh YAY! I love crocus! And I love your post! I really love your porch!

Happy Spring!

dilling said...

thanks CindyDianne...we built that porch!

Michael Colvin said...

You had a BBQ already!!! That is dedication to outdoor munching. I love the crocus shots!

Michael Colvin said...

I forgot to say that I admire your macro shots so much. It is something I can never get right.

Olly said...

Nice colourful shots! I like the first one of daffs. Isn't it great to be able to BBQ already? We've been at it too!

raine said...

Beautiful. I have always loved that ee cummings poem - it stops my breath. You tell such a lovely spring story...I have to go put up my late photos now...but how do I follow all of you? I love your daffy photo and your open door...

Heidi the Hick said...

snow storm. Right now. March 7.

Living vicariously through you...

Gardenia said...

What a wonderful life-full spring post. I love the black & white of the bird especially - but the prose and photography - always, always super.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Like daffs. Caz always gets some soon as and loads of vases full of em for the cats to knock over.

Build me a porch?

Ruth L.~ said...

Lovely!!! Give me a month here in Massachusetts, and maybe I'll have some flowers to compete.