Monday, October 01, 2007

shiny and new

Baby is still in NICU today, but yesterday, he got to "eat" real food. If surgery worked and all went well, he should be doing the things that babies do after eating...pooping. He was farting yesterday, so that is a good sign. He'll be in hospital a while longer. I don't know what a "while" means...but the fact that he is still in NICU gives me the impression it will be a real "while." I haven't heard an update today, but it seems like positive news...POOsitive news. Steady progress. Mom is still asking everyone for PoopVibes... and expresses gratitude for everyones' concern. On the heels of that heartening news...my belated birthday present arrived. Happy Birthday to me. Both my mom and dad always send me something green on my birthday. They have never known what to get me once I outgrew my passion/obsession for Breyers horses and Marguerite Henry books in my preteen years. So it's a tradition that I shop for my own gifts every year...they just give me a price range. So between their two "gifts" and Michael's "gift," we were the winning bid on an ebay auction...on my birthday so I guess this is not even technically belated...It's new and shiny and has super-duper-teensy-weensy macro and bionic-oh-yes-I-can-see-you zoom and I can't wait to figure it all out...but my first Olympus is just sitting here looking so forlornly at me...so sad..so, well, let's just say it, disappointed in me. I may just cry.

9 comments:

raine said...

GLad the babe is doing well, and congrats on your new babe! That's a beauty! CAn't wait to see what you do with it!!!! Get busy!!

Victoria said...

awwwwww! Well here's to poops and cameras new and old! : )

captain corky said...

Happy birthday. I hope you plan on posting some pics that you take with that camera.

I'm really glad to hear that the baby is doing ok.

katy said...

good news that the baby is doing well, here's to lots of shitty nappies and gurgling laughs. tell mom still praying for him
wow i would not know what to do with such a fine camera.

Heidi the Hick said...

Lots of prayers today.

My boy, when he was a baby, went for a ridiculously long time without pooping, I can't even remember how long. But he made up for it. Oh yes.

Nice birthday present you got yourself! That picture is your old one, right?

dilling said...

nope, the picture is the new one...i haven't figured out how to download the picture of the old one from the new one...it is an Olympus, too. One of the first ones of this model... they don't even make the cards for it anymore...

CindyDianne said...

ahh, glad baby is doing better.

that camera looks hella fun! I am just itching for a macro lense.

Olly said...

Great news about your friends baby. Amazing the medical technology they have and can do on the very young. In Nanaimo yet! They are truly lucky.

Love your new camera. Can't wait to see some photos.

Michael Colvin said...

Good news on the baby and I can't wait to see the results with your new camera.