Friday, October 19, 2007

The doctor will see you now....

It's been a long, rainy week, with a good storm thrown in...my goldfish pond in the front is flooded so it's just as well that the raccoons ate all the fish earlier this year. Otherwise, they would be flopping around in my grass just now. It's also been a hard few few weeks for Michael and I in dealing with this neighbourhood. It's got us down. I don't want to get into it all just now, though. So today, when the blue skies broke through for an hour, it was time to go for a walk, just Eemer and I, and to have a long talk with a good friend.
When the skies are blue, even the puddles are pretty, aren't they? Full of sky and colour. Just up here around the corner, Eem-er and I have a friend we like to talk to. Wanna meet him? He's heard us arrive and is coming to the door.

Eem-er looks forward to meeting and greeting this guy...and he is just as eager to meet her through the fence each time. They have some catching up to do. They haven't seen each other for a couple weeks now.






Smooches. Maybe it's a Beagle thing, cuz Maggie loved horses, too. I had a friend I used to visit with a horse out back of her property. We would get to talking and I would lose track of Maggie. I could always find her out in the pasture, nose to nose, with the old chestnut mare out there. I always wondered what they were talking about, just as I wonder what these two have to say to each other.




And then, he turns to me...hellooooooo there, Friend. I have missed you.
Where have you been?




And we talk...for a good long while. We have meaningful converstations about everything that bothers us, things we love, the weather, the view, the kind of day we've been having. Whatever pops into our minds.







He comforts me.






I can tell him anything...and feel my stress level decrease. I can feel it melting away. It is amazing. I want to take him home with me. I don't want to ride him, or have him pull me in a cart...I just want to talk to him.









He makes me smile.
He tells me things... things that speak to my soul....







...and then he smiles, too. It's hard to leave him when it's time to go. I wish I didn't have to go home without him.
Well, you all have a good weekend. I'll try to do the same.










11 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh I love that friend of yours. You know I do.

I understand this post so deeply!

I really need some horse therapy. I've been seeing my coach's horses a couple times a week, which I really think keeps me borderline sane...but I miss my own guys. I'll be seeing them soon.

I hope you have a good weekend. Go back for horse therapy if you need to!

Heidi the Hick said...

ps

I sometimes go out to see my horses and only pet them and whisper to them and let them breathe on me. They are wonderful healers.

Olly said...

I LOVE that picture of Eem-er and your friend smooching. A real keeper.

I envy people who are so comfortable being close to horses. They scare the hell out of me and they know it - so there is no faking it. Admiring them from a distance will have to do.

katy said...

i love Eem-er's friend, mr milo is not bothered about horse's, glad he makes you smile, its good to talk. have a great weekend

Michael Colvin said...

Wow. That is so special. You obviously get a lot out of that walk. Me, I just rant my frustrations out and yesterday I threw a muffin. I need a horse to talk to.

raine said...

I'm a bit of a muffin thrower myself. Nice horsie, beautiful post. Have a fun weekend!

FOUR DINNERS said...

That post has left me feeling so good. Dunno why it has but it has. Thank you

Victoria said...

sending you love and hugs

captain corky said...

Sorry about your neighborhood problems.

Great pics though. It looks really pretty up there and I'm glad you have a friend you can confide in. ;)

Anonymous said...

Its good to have a friend, especially one that is such a good listener. Hope all is well.

Biddie said...

I love feel good posts. What a great photo of Em and her friend!