Friday, October 05, 2007

Be sure to remember

all there is to be thankful for this weekend. I know it is difficult sometimes, believe me. The world and life throw things at us constantly that just seem to get under your skin, itch and irritate you, or just plain hurt...a lot. I get that. I'm living it right now, too. ( by the artist known as Aethan)

But there are babies making it that might not have made it, kids coming home from hospital in time for the Thanksgiving dinner, dogs to be walked, hands to be held, bangs to be swept back so that foreheads may be kissed. I am thankful for the great loves in my life, Michael, my friends, my family. I am thankful for second chances...and third chances. There are places to get lost in this world and moments, even hours, of grace and I can still find my way there...it takes a little longer, just lately. Words, poetry, music, pictures. Orange plaster walls, a purring kitten, a dog asleep on my feet. Dinner with our friends around us. Laughter. All of you out there reading this. Warm blankets. My home, my good neighbours. Acts of courage. Acts of selflessness.

I'll be setting some extra plates out, if you can make it. Happy Thanksgiving...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving.

raine said...

Gobble gobble to you! Happy Turkey Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Dilling.

I love the word Grace. It speaks a multitude in just five letters. I saw a bumper sticker on a beat up old pick up this week that said "Grace Happens". I wish it were that easy, because that all we really need.

Heidi the Hick said...

Lots and lots of love to you, and your loved ones.

(thanks for pressing the Next Blog button way back then...)

Biddie said...

Amen.
That really was beautiful.
Happy Thanksgiving, to you and yours.
Biddie xx

katy said...

what a sweet post, a very happy thanksgiving to you and your family Dilling, enjoy

Victoria said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Michael Colvin said...

I hope one of those empty plates was for me! I would love to experience a Thanksgiving dinner.

FOUR DINNERS said...

If I set out now I might make it for the next one....

Have a good'n babe

captain corky said...

Very nice! Happy Thanksgiving.