Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm what?!?!?

Remember how I said I'd be busy and to not to be waiting for any important posting for a few weeks? Um, yeah, well forget that.
I got fired...
HOO-FUCKING-RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I worked for the guy four days and life was MISERABLE. The thing is, I have worked for him before, but he was out of town when I did. He seems to have forgotten that I cleaned, repaired and painted his ex-crack-house without supervision before. Now he is...er, was(hahahaha, oh, thank goodness it's over already) just this hovering harping nag for four days... four miserable days.
I do believe he thought I would be there yesterday....um, it is a HOLIDAY that people OBSERVE(and plan for weeks on end) by having guests for DINNER after cooking ALL day....and, by the way, I invited HIM!!!!!
Okay, so really, the sad thing about this is....I once really liked the guy, thought he was GOOD people, but slowly over the past little bit of time(not just the previous four days but more like the previous four months or more), I have been doubting that "like." I am 39 years old. I thought my radar was pretty good for filtering out this s@#t.
I hate being sucker punched.
But, really, whatever...I am thankful the job is someone else's, truly. Holy Mother, though, how did he get through that radar? There is a serious glitch somewhere. It's been a long, long time since I was sucker punched... and I am a pretty trusting soul. You'd think it might happen more often.
By the way, if YOU are reading this, it doesn't mean jack shit. It's been a very trying time lately. Very trying. I can't HONESTLY believe you have the audacity to think it's all about you! And thank you, really, for making it easier on me.
And hey? Everyone else? I just had to get that out, ya know? And now that it's over? It really is over.
I'll be fine tomorrow....cuz I don't have to go back there! WOOT-WOOT!

17 comments:

raine said...

Oh crap - should we be sorry for your succky 4 days or glad for your days to come without the crap? I think I'll be glad! And I hate it when "it" happens as well. And always when I most want to be cool and collected. Even the best radar goes whacky sometimes. It's called trust.

raine said...

And I love you bougainvillia poat. Beautiful. Take it inside before it freezes.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I hate it when my radar is off. I guess in the end I would rather give people the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes back around it really sucks.

katy said...

i will go for being gald that you no longer have to work for a piece of s@@t.
me i am not a good judge of character, i am too trusting, the hubby is usually spot on though

Heidi the Hick said...

OOOh jubilant relief!

(so does this mean you'll have time to sit down and read a good long book????)

Coffeypot said...

Are you sure it’s not about me? I though everything was about me. I get blamed for everything, so I though everything was about me. I got a visit from the FBI concerning the Lindbergh Baby case. And the bougainvillea thing, it is a flower, right? I mean, you don’t eat it or smoke it, right? Are you sure it’s not about me?

CindyDianne said...

goodness! I've been sacked before. It isn't fun. But, it sounds like this is very best outcome for you!

dilling said...

Oh, it is SUCH a relief...I actually pretty much tried to quit the day before... but backpedaled because I really thought HE was in a jam, ya know?!? I mean, he was a friend...right up until yesterday. Hey, Coffeypot...I absolutely know it's not about YOU... and guess what?!? It's sunny out today. What does that tell ya?

Olly said...

I think everyone has to work for a complete a@^$*%$ at some time in their life. About twenty years ago I had my turn. After about 6 months we exchanged mutual F*&*-Y%&% and I walked out. Now I work for myself and guess what? I can be a real bitch some days! Who knew?

FOUR DINNERS said...

My Father-in-law was a guard at a prisoner of war camp in WWII. He made friends with a lot of Sicilian prisoners (who actually wanted to be on our side apparently). He remained friends and many Sicilians came to my wedding.

Wanna 'arrange' something for the scumbag?

On me babe.

dilling said...

It's good to know people...thanks 4D...but it's all good. really.
Olly, I am my own toughest boss and that was part of the problem...I don't take to direction and don't really need it but he couldn't give up that control...mega control...
but enough...as I said, it's all good and I have a sunny day to myself to enjoy today and him? He's still over at that house overseeing the general contractor...hahahahhaaha! (wiping away tears) Hahahhahahahaha....

dilling said...

I think a good long book is in order, Heidi! Got one in mind?

Heidi the Hick said...

as a matter of fact I do.

Lemme mail it to ya!!

(soooo...that email address linked on your post there? Is it to the same people I once emailed from Tod's blog?)

dilling said...

oh yeah, have you ever heard back from them?!?

Heidi the Hick said...

nope! hee hee hee!

Michael Colvin said...

I've been away for a week and missed so much! I bet you are glad you don't have to work for that git anymore! "Sucker punch" I like that word, I've ot heard it before.

Victoria said...

dude.