Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Forgotten Language

Once I spoke the language of the flowers,
Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,
Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the starlings,
And shared a conversation with the housefly
in my bed.
Once I heard and answered all the questions
of the crickets,
And joined the crying of each falling dying
flake of snow,
Once I spoke the language of the flowers. . . .
How did it go?
How did it go?


BY Shel Silverstein
I couldn't seem to think of any words of my own today...but this poem is kind of how I feel ... laters.

10 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

You have a poet's soul.

(How poetic is that!)

Coffeypot said...

I know how it went. You quit smoking dope and taking LSD.

Victoria said...

must. pet. ear.

must. snuggle. paw.

raine said...

That kitty photo is fab. Fab!!

Yikes! You are never going to get to Bowen in this weather. Big stormage coming this aft, I hear.

dilling said...

This afternoon? This morning looks like 7pm and wow...that's rain, Rain. Get it? Get it? Eem-er won't even get out of the bed this morning yet.

Olly said...

Your pets have the right idea on how to spend the day. It's NASTY out there. I have to go out in it soon, but am in denial for the moment...

Michael Colvin said...

Those photos are fabulous. I want to snuggle with both of them. The poom is cool too. Thanks for sharing. :)

katy said...

i am with the pets, snuggled up safe warm and dry!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Beautiful babe. Beautiful.

Biddie said...

You take the best photos, Dilling. I wish that I could snuggle with the 4 legged friends...:)