Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Weekend walkies

Sheesh, it's really been so busy around here that I am way behind in walkies with you. You see, in this neighbourhood, there are relatively few cars for many people so I do a lot of "Taxi" work and what with Spring arriving, and there are things that need to get done, and the hardware stores are on the other side of town, the garden centers, etc.... and we have had some good walks, too.
It was so warm and sunny, we took off for the walk at Fry Road over the weekend. It is a bit of a time commitment, a bit of a drive out past the Duke Point Ferry Terminal a ways.
But well worth it....the dogs have the river pretty much to themselves. Plenty of splashing and shaking and swimming....

Here you can see Spring finally arriving. I don't think the trees had leaves even last week! Then BOOM overnight, something happened. It smells like Spring now, too.


The river rocks stretch out forever. When the water is really moving, this is all part of the river....



...but for now, it's all dry.




Trillium. Much harder to find than the Fawn Lilies, which are spread out like a blanket everywhere we wandered.






Even the storm clouds rolling in can't deny Spring is here. Truly here. Finally here. When the rain stops, the air is warm...thank the powers that be...it feels like it was a long time coming.
I may have to put up more photos of this walk, if you don't mind. I couldn't fit them all into one post! As I said, though, I am a wee bit behind. I have been tagged for a post I need to complete, want to tell you about the trip to Coombs Country Market and some bits and pieces about the Hood, as well.
Today, there will be no taxi service....shhhhhh. I am not answering the phone! Don't tell! Okay?!?



I almost forgot about this one...








8 comments:

katy said...

glad spring has arrived and we are out walking with you again, wewait for the rest of the photos which are great, what is the bird in the last one called?

dilling said...

A Red-Headed Woodpecker

Michael Colvin said...

I love rivers and woods the most. Great photos once again. The ones with the exposed boulders reminded me of my trip to Yosemite.

Biddie said...

I love your dog walkie photos. I wish that there were places like that around here....

Anonymous said...

spring came here today. i went for a walkie myself. discovered i am entirely and disgustingly out of shape... got some good photos though... i need a memory stick for the new camera....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your dog walk photos! It is so beautiful there and Emma always makes me smile!

katy said...

wow a woodpecker i have never seen one before thanks

Olly said...

Great weekend - except for getting caught in the downpour and beat-up by hail on my hike, lol. Great shots of your walk!