Sunday, April 08, 2007

"Hotgogs" and Hayrides

Well, it was off to one of my favorite places this past weekend... jeepgrrrl , her son, and I borrowed a small child, aethan, on Saturday and headed out to Shady Mile Farm Market for the Easter Egg Hunt...and to pet the animals. You know how I love to pet those goats! These were the tickets...for the hayride to the Easter Egg hunting grounds...I swear. And, they give you a cup! It's to hold the eggs, but for half a moment there, I was really excited about what we would find in that field...little pastel coloured bottles of beer nestled in the tall grasses, surrounded by little chocolate eggs. Oh Happy Day.
We waited in line for two cycles of the tractor before boarding the hayride. We spent the meantime looking at the little easter chicks, feeding goats, watching Spring Fever and Mother Nature come together in a frenzy of lovesick rabbits, sharing "hotgogs" with mustard and ketchup from the bbq, and then it was time to load up...


and we were off on an adventure...a hayride behind a real-life tractor, with our boy in the front row...you should have seen his grin! But that's for his mom to show you on her page, if she wants. I have a no-faces policy here.

And off to a field of chocolate eggs and a glimpse of the Easter Bunny in the woods behind....very exciting!



And what is a trip to Shady Mile without a picture of the new arrivals? Isn't he deliciously heartbreaking? Don't you just want to take him home?!? I WANT A GOAT. I do.




And the other new arrivals making their debut as well. I am melting. Gooey-ness in my veins. Ain't Life grand?
Happy Easter, everyone.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i wanna baby goat, or a donkey!!!! kevin ain't got the right gear for that though ;)!

CindyDianne said...

KB used to have a goat. It thought it was a dog. It rode around in the truck with its head out of the window. It was even house trained. What the heck? :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah...a post that touches a nanny's heart (oh, nanny goat...that could be my new name). It's great to see these photos and read about your afternoon together. The photos you sent via email came in as an enormous jumble of letters and numbers, but I had a feeling that if I swung over blog way, you'd have something and you didn't disappoint...never do.

dilling said...

ah, nanny goat, they are the cutest photos...and of his face!!!! darnit! I will put them on disc or something and send them your way!

Michael Colvin said...

I love goats and donkeys too. that sounds like a fun day out.

katy said...

cant remember the last time i went on an easter egg hunt, dont fancy a goat though now a pig or a lamb yeah but any baby animal is cute

Anonymous said...

You should stop by Odd Mix and see his goats. He has some great pictures; those and horses, too.

I'm looking forward to the day when I have a young one to share these days with!

ldbug said...

Happy Easter! Looks like it was fun:-)

Heidi the Hick said...

I want a goat too! A barn full of em!