Wednesday, January 10, 2007

hmmmmmm

Another storm rolled in last night... ...and the snow was beautiful and the sky was ominous so out of curiosity I just had to look...I had to....
ooooh, I shouldn't have looked....

South Padre Island today was 70 degrees Farenheit today(21 dgrees Celcius) and sunny and blue skies and look at the web cam photos!!! The beaches were empty...



This was my very favorite time of year down there. Tourists were sparse, the days were usually mild and the miles of beaches were wide open to us residents to roam, dogs off leash and crazed in the surf, the pace was slow , smiles came easy. Big Band Phil played the oldies(and I mean the OLDIES)twice a week at the hotel down the street. We were the youngest in the crowd by a good thirty years. Lovely, lovely.
It's frozen outside and snowing again right now.
Hmmmmmm.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a few days off from reading blogs while mom was here and look what happens...you've gone and written a small novel in my absence and taken another whole batch of amazing photos. As for the weather, if we keep getting windstorms, the whole eagle tree across the road is going to end up in my driveway...branches have blown right up onto my porch! Sunshine Coast my foot...

CindyDianne said...

Dilling - I just think I may drive down to South Padre this weekend instead of heading up to my cabin in Eastern Oklahoma. You may have just changed my mind! ;-)

Heidi the Hick said...

Listen, that beach is gorgeous. No doubt about that. In fact we may have to all go there someday, once we're all healthily wealthy, right?

BUT

that ominous sky gives me the shivers in the most wonderful way!

ldbug said...

Aw, but the snow is so pretty! And it's more fun to cuddle up inside during a storm anyway:-)

Michael Colvin said...

The snow pics are so atmospheric. Personally I like to be in cold places in the winter and hot in the summer. Call me old fashioned!

That beach does look good tho!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Aww, I want to be at the beach!

katy said...

yeah lets all go to the beach it looks so welcoming