Tuesday, January 09, 2007

here we go again

Honestly, Cara, come pick up your weather... This is just not supposed to be happening here....
...and our power went off, however briefly, and that is not okay... wind and snow, another cold snap on the way....um. When did we move east?

I am not made with the kind of rugged good nature that can stand up to the constant onslaught of crazy weather, rain storm, wind storm, snow storm, and back again. Just when one storm cleanup is underway....not even finsished, just underway....


...another storm blows in from the water and we begin again. I love my pellet stove at this moment, but when the power cut out, I was a bit worried...it needs electricity to keep the fuel going so without electricity, we have no heat. Eeeeeks. Can someone tell me why I left the Gulf Coast of Texas now? Huh? Please?



5 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

i tried to leave a snarky comment.... where did it go?

Crafty Missus said...

by'dageezuz dat rots my arse!
okay, what i said was something along the lines of "NO, you come pick up YOUR weather!"
oh and sorry for the over the top bayman swearing.

katy said...

we just seem to be getting rain, rain and more rain!

CindyDianne said...

Today's high in Port Aransas is 68 degrees Farhenheit, with sunny skies, 8 miles of visibility and 5 mph breeze.

Shall we meet down there for the weekend?

Biddie said...

You left Texas for the love of a good man! Maybe he'll keep you warm tonight?
Seriously, tho, I know first hand how scary it is to be without heat for even a few hours. (we actually went over a year with only plug in heaters, it sucks!). We finally have some cold weather here now, maybe the warmer weather is coming your way?
BTW, EVERYONE loves the photo that you sent me. I have it in a black frame in the parlour, and I show it to everybody that stops by. I love it! Thank you SO much, Dilling.