Wednesday, May 31, 2006

getting ready

As for neighbourhood haps, I have been so busy the last couple days that I have hardly noticed a thing. I am getting the house in order so that I can leave with happy feelings for 10 days back home...well, two days in Seattle, two days devoted to travel, and the rest "back home." Stresses me out, the whole travelling thing but I always have a good time once I get there. This is my first trip home since losing my travelling companion, Maggie, so it will be very different. More freedoms, I guess, but less enjoyment. Still so painful. She will be gone six months on the 4th. I can't help but think of the 4th of every month since as some lame anniversary. Well, enough of that, eh? So I leave on Saturday on the earliest ferry and arrive in Seattle by 11 am, I think. Hang for a couple of days with Donna(and John, whom I have yet to meet) and then on to Olympia. Not sure if I will be blogging or not from there but I do have a couple more days here.
Just a little photo I took while in Emily's mom's garden....you like?
Here's Vigan again, posing for me. It's difficult to get a good photo as he is so black all over...but I do like this one in the wildflowers at Harewood Mines.
I have a lot of photos I want to put up but they have little or nothing to do with the blog here...countless flower photos and dog photos and yadda yadda. I have the free Flickr account but I have to be choosey about what I put up there because I am running out of room. After the summer when we have all our family and friends' fun and adventure photos to share, we will probably get a paid Flickr and then there will be no stopping us!!!
So, this entry is kinda boring and not too neighbourhood newsworthy, is it? It is still early so anything could happen yet. I'll certainly keep my eyes open and let you know.
Later.

No comments: