Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Leaving town

This is a pile of bricks in the backyard. They have been there since last year, mocking us. We have a patio to lay...But first a yard to dig up, rocks and dirt to move...Soon, though, soon. I swear.
My first poppy opened today. Yay!!!! The rest will probably open when I am in Sechelt. I am torn between taking my camera or leaving it for Michael to document my flower garden... And my poppies...And the Empire Days parade when the mayor will actually deign to come to our part of town. I want to pay a hooker or a crackhead to approach his float...I want a big banner asking him what the hell he is doing in this part of town...But I won't even be here. Dammit, anyway.
I climb aboard an itsy bitsy float plane(eek) tomorrow evening to fly to Sechelt and see Emily's new place. I am pretty excited except for the plane bit. Five days at the beach. It's almost a vacation. So I doubt I will be online with any updates for a few days. Don't miss me too much.
This is what Vigan looks like when he is caught in the cat food. It's hard to be tough on such a sadsack. I felt sorry for him...And he was the one being a "bad dog." So much guilt over it.
Kevin just called from New Zealand and his phone card ran out while we were talking. If you are reading this, Kevin, Goodbye. I hope you are having as much fun as possible. We miss you. The Hood is quiet.
G'nite all.

No comments: