Friday, April 11, 2008

some of the stuff we did.....

So many photos to go through! Yikes. Get two shutterbugs together and watch out! You get nowhere in a hurry! So we got off to a slowish start...me dragging everyone around on sloppy, soggy, muddy dogwalking excursions. It never even occurs to me that this might not be fun for everybody. So, if you ever come to visit me? Be prepared. Bring your hiking boots, ok? I took them to Chase River Estuary and to Harewood Mines and countless times around the neighbourhood...we went to a new spot which I will tell you about later because I haven't worked on those photos yet. I hauled them up to Shady Mile Farm Market, where I go to get an endorphin boost by feeding the animals.
They had ducklings for sale. How cute are they? 2 for $20...
So we just fed the little ravenous creatures....who must not have had much company lately because they were aggressive and kinda rude this trip, not their usual overfed and complacent selves.


We went to Buttertubs Marsh.



We tried to photograph the redwing blackbirds, but they didn't really let us get too close. Neither did the towhees or the little finch-like birds we saw. Dangit.
Of course, the ducks were overly friendly until they saw we didn't have anything to feed them.



And in the weak heat of a pale sun, a little cave of snakes had awoken and were trying to warm themselves on the rocks. At first, they were afraid of our intrusion, but soon enough got used to us being there, even seemed to get a bit bold with the cameras, coming right up to look in the lenses...I won't try and post all the photos. You'd be here all day, and the weekend's coming! You all should have something better to do with your time! And if you don't, grab your hiking boots and head on over.






Anyhoo, that is all I got for you today. I will work on some more photos this weekend. Show you our trip to Coombs, and our trek along part of the TransCanada Trail.
Enjoy your weekend, everyone.
It's supposed to be sunny and warm here...woot woot.






Talk to you all later.






7 comments:

raine said...

The snakes!!! My palms are all sweaty...have to go and take something..or drink something..or cry..or all of the above.

katy said...

my walking boots are all ready and packed, looking forward to lots more wonderful photos

Michael Colvin said...

The ducklings are lovely but I'm with rain on the snakes. Don't ever take me to see the snakes okay?

dilling said...

Sheesh..they are just little garter snakes, you guys! The eat all the nasty bugs and slugs in your gardens, you know.

Val Cox said...

wow, what an adventure! So how many ducklings did you bring home?

Yvonne said...

Wonderful entry!
Shady Mile is one of my favourite places on the planet. ;)
Haven't been to Buttertubs in years. Must add to my "do list" next time I'm up island. ;)

Olly said...

Not too crazy about snakes. Just don't like to be surprised by them. Love the ducks!!