Friday, August 17, 2007

It's Friday...

...and really I am not too inspired to write. There's lots going on these days and I am feeling rushed. But, took a little break to head out to Shady Mile Farm Market and feed the animals...er, I meant shop the Farmer's Market. No, really, I go to feed the animals. A moment of zen in my chaos.
We're all there just to feed the animals. We all have our own favourites.

The bedroom renovations got underway yesterday, I have to go get fingerprinted for Immigration today, have miles of paperwork to collect and sort for that...and then some. The neighbourhood sh....er...neighbourhood "happenings" are getting out of hand again, as there is yet another crack house up the street. The building manager knows it's a crackhouse(again), the police, yadda yadda yadda. How many times can one place become a crackhouse before something gets done about it? If it was a grow-op just ONCE, then the city would do something about it. Does that make any sense?
We all blow smoke. The problems spill out of the crackhouse into the park where my neighbours' kids play and others of us walk our dogs. Nobody seems to do anything about it. Dispatch tells us that they are "aware of the problem." ARGH.


And it's hot one day, cold the next. It's supposed to rain all weekend again. We have only been out camping twice this summer. Crazy. VIEX starts today(the Fair) so tomorrow, we are off to look at more farm animals and eat greasy Fair Food and have overpriced beer in the beer garden, listen to Hedley play...in the rain.



Wow, I am so whiney today. I don't like it much, do you? Maybe I need to go back and feed the animals again.




Or take a tropical vacation where you can *almost* guarantee that the sun will shine. Where someone else cooks for you and does the dishes. And you probably won't see a MASS of crackheads in the your neighbourhood park.






MASS. accumulation, aggregate, assemblage, band, batch, block, bulk, bunch, chunk, clot, coagulation, collection, combination, concretion, conglomeration, core, corpus, crowd, entirety, gob, great deal, greater part, group, heap, horde, host, hunk, knot, lion's share*, load, lot, lot, lump, majority, mob, mound, mountain, much, number, object, peck, piece, pile, plurality, preponderance, pyramid, quantity, shock, stack, staple, stockpile, sum, sum total, throng, totality, troop, volume, wad, whole.






And I'm done. Really. Gotta go walk the dog somewhere out in the boonies today...in the rain. But away from here. Just for a while.








17 comments:

Victoria said...

dude, seriously. you should go try to catch Xavier Rudd on Sunday at that concert thingy up there. If I didn't have to go back to work on Monday I'd SO be therel

Heidi the Hick said...

I want a llama so bad. And goats. I need a herd of goats.

I wanna see Hedley again too. I know I'm too old for their demographic but I got some kids I can drag along as an excuse! (I like Tommy lots....!)

I'd like a donkey or two. And a mule.

And a big dumb farm dog to keep the Pug in line.

You may visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

raine said...

Maybe I'll bump into ya at the fair. I'll be the one with the really tall husband, two 9 year olds, a 6 year old, an 11 year old niece and a sister. If I'm not with them, I'll be in the beer garden - oh yeah, there's no beer garden, so I guess the only option is to spend time with the family.
I'm sorry it sucks in your hood, summer does not always bring good things...

dilling said...

there's no beer garden?!?

raine said...

I've never seen one....

katy said...

fingerprinted why have i missed something somewhere?
hope you enjoy the fair have a good weekend Dilling

dilling said...

rain, they had one last year...
her indoors~ I am from the US and living in Canada...must get landed immigrant status to work, three years from now, Canadian citizenship...woot woot.

captain corky said...

Hope you're feeling a little better this fine Saturday morning.

PS No beer garden = tragedy to Captain Corky.

Coffeypot said...

I think llamas are so cool and neat. They are like cats in that they use the bathroom in the same place in their pen. I believe this because I think I was a llama in one of my past lives, probably number fifteen or so. And a beer park would be nice. This llama likes beer.

Anonymous said...

A field trip sounds really good today. Thanks for the tip! I missed our fair altogether, but then again they don't have a beer garden either. There are some pretty good eats though.

Olly said...

We are checking out the VIEX too today. I can't remember about any beer garden, though. We always have our kids with us so we will have to wait to get home. By then, we'll need one (or three)!

Are you going to be checking out any of the Summer Blues Festival downtown?

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Hedley puts on a good show, a really good show. Take lots of pics.

Anonymous said...

Great farm pics and that one of Aethan under the rabbit pen is priceless. Animals (the real ones) have a way of grounding us and making us forget for a moment, the pack on the street.

DJ Kirkby said...

ooooh feeling sorry for you, we are lucky enough to live in a neigborhood without open drug dealing, making etc.

dilling said...

there was a beer garden....

Michael Colvin said...

You found the beer garden? Yay!

Biddie said...

Oh, Heidi and her llama's....I had nearly forgotten about that.
Llamas, goats and beer gardens..sounds like a great day.