Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wiki Meme

*photo from ChristopherReeveLegacy.com
Okay...one more cuz I found a curious co-inky-dinky(that's how I used to say coincidence when I was a kid and I still like it!).
And away we go....
On September 25, 1789, the U.S. Congress passed the Bill of Rights. Wow. Where have some of those rights gone now? Hmmmm. That's probably not for this post.
On September 25, 1911, ground is broken for Fenway Park in Massachusetts. Cool.
On September 25, 1976, U2 is founded in Larry Mullens living room. Really cool.
On September 25, 1981, Sandra Day O'Connor was sworn into the U.S. Supreme Court, the first woman to be appointed. I wish she was still on it.

I claim often that Will Smith, the Fresh Prince of BelAir, is my twin brother because we were born on the same day in the same year. Does anyone else see how much we look alike?
William Faulkner, Pulitzer Prize winner, was born on September 25, 1897. He wrote "As I Lay Dying" which made me ache when I read it the summer I was 13, and "the Reivers," which made me laugh again the same summer.
September 25, 1930~ Shel Silverstein....sigh.
And on September 25, 1952, Superman Christopher_Reeve was born. And we all know the tragic story and the courageous works he and his wife, Dana, took upon themselves in founding the Dana and Christopher_Reeve_Foundation. Now go here. See Duane? That's my brother-in-law. He's Superman, too. They were both inducted into the Spinal Cord Injury Hall of Fame at the same time. The NSCIA Hall of Fame was created to celebrate and honor people who have made significant contributions to the quality of life for all individuals with spinal cord injuries.
http://www.lgtinc.org/authors/17/Duane-French

4 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Maybe you and your twin have the same ears..hee hee!

Heidi the Hick said...

my grandpa was a double amputee and to this day I'm always on the lookout for handicapped parking spaces and other adaptability issues!

(Your blog even looks good when you do a meme!)

Biddie said...

Wow. Duane really IS superman :)

Anonymous said...

Duane. Wow.