Saturday, April 19, 2008

WTF?!?

So, um, yeah...this was taken two days ago of the yard out front around the pond we put in...two. days. ago. My viburnum is leafing, poppies coming in, bluebonnets and tulips and daffies all ablaze. Oh, and the lovely yellow flowers on one of the pond plants...it's Spring...really, truly Spring, despite the much lower than average temperatures for a month, the lack of bees to pollenate my blooming peach tree, the need to still wear four layers of clothing...it's Spring.... Oh, wait...I took this at 7am this morning....it's the same corner of the same yard near the same pond.
Last I looked out the window last night(this morning) at 1:30am after shutting off the light and finally putting my book down, it was raining. The roads were wet and it was raining....at 1:30am.

By this morning, there were 9 inches of snow outside. Nine. Effing. Inches. Of. Snow.


Please, somebody, anybody.....come pick up your weather and take it back where it belongs.



For real.




9 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Blimey :O

Anonymous said...

I'm wiped out after shoveling our driveway. We were planing to go to the Energy Fair at Beban Park this afternoon and still may if it doesn't start snowing again. The good thing about Nanaimo is that we know it will all be gone by next week. If this were Ontario we could look forward to seeing it around for another month or so.

Anonymous said...

Crazy isn't it? I went up to French Creek yesterday to visit family. The kids were running around and having a great time on the grass. Last night it hailed more than I've seen in years, and then I woke up to this mess! Now the sun's out, will Mother Nature get off her acid trip and give ups some normal Springtime weather, please?

Olly said...

Haha...I did a weather rant, too. Jeez, all week they've been saying showers with a chance of wet flurries. Then yesterday they changed their mind and said thunderstorms. Really, I was hoping to mow my lawn today!

Victoria said...

Isn't this crazy?????

Yvonne said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw on the news how much snow you guys got. May aunt already started planting her vegetable garden last week.

Biddie said...

THAT is crazy. Meanwhile, it has been about 23 here for the past few days or so. I'm wearing shorts and you're shovelling snow.........

CindyDianne said...

That's exactly how we felt last month when it happened to us!

Gardenia said...

I heard about the storm there - good gosh - I'm shivering looking at the photos - the little red (is it tulip) is a survivor though!