Wednesday, July 11, 2007

the temperature is rising...

and madness ensues. There are sirens abounding...not that there isn't anyway around here. Yesterday we saw two sets of police at the same house down the road a bit. None of the officers looked happy. They all looked pumped up and ready for trouble. All that heavy gear on in this weather. No wonder they looked grumpy. I don't know what happened here. Car accident, I think. Today, I passed a man shooting up in the park. Soon after, there were police and rescue there. Don't know that story, either, and mostly it's just too hot to care. We went from marginally springlike weather to sweltering pit in days. We slept in the basement last night. We had a garage sale over the weekend that nearly burnt me to a crisp and Michael was shovelling dirt and sand to and from the backyard....yikes. I know that I was despairing of summer ever arriving, but this is a little extreme. I know folks back east are thinking what a wimp I am right now. I am thinking the same thing! Be careful what you ask for!
Today, when Michael gets home from work, we are off to the river for a swim. I have made baba ganoush for dinner with chips and veggies for dipping...topped off with a couple of IPA tinnies and we have a perfect little picnic dinner...and getting into my bathing suit for the first time this year has put me into quite a slump. Blah. Where did all my determination to exercise go?!? I can't muster the energy for it but can't stand what has happened to my body this past year. Where did the urge to work out come from and now where has it gone?
Enough of that...gonna go for now. The basement is calling me.

5 comments:

emily said...

the good news is that it's only supposed to be 33 today...that's cooler than yesterday!

the other good news is that it's supposed to rain in the morning. no fire ban perhaps?

Biddie said...

Yesterday was nearly perfect here. It was about 25, with a nice cool breeze. Wonderful for walking, and hanging out with the dogs.
Only 33...Wow. Three days ago it was too hot to move. Today, I might need a sweater.
Welcome to Canada! :)

Coffeypot said...

With all the cops around, maybe the finally found Jimmy Hoffa. Hot here, too.

katy said...

we got rain AGAIN but not too much phew, sorry you are all melting over there hope the basement is cool!

Michael Colvin said...

Ooh a picnic in the sun by the river. I am so jealous...