Thursday, July 19, 2007

Name that Kitty

Somebody has forced us to make room in our hearts for Kitty...well, two somebodies.... two somebodies who have already forged a very deep and meaningful bond that neither Michael nor I have the heart to tear asunder...so today I will call the SPCA to find out about their low-income pet spay/neuter program... and get on that list. And make sure that she is, and remains, an indoor kitty as long as we live on this road.
And perhaps we will have to finally come up with a name...and we already have some in the running for now. If you want to add your suggestions, then comment away, my friends.




Already suggested: Lucky, Mackerel(because she is a mackeral tabby), Fishbone(for the same reason AND Aethan wants to call her Fish), Seal, Arlo Guthrie, Woody Guthrie...let's see, there was Nano, Tiny, Bitsy...but I don't think this kitten will remain tiny. I think she may be a big one....judging from her feet...and her attitude. Oh, Kitten and Puppy, too. Chase because we found on Chase River Estuary. Duchess because Duke found her. Queenie. Have I forgotten any?
I figure, really, she'll only come to "Kitty" anyway, soon enough....or the sound of a soft food can touching the can opener....



Her eyes are no longer brilliant blue, but a lovely grey with green flecks around the pupils. Maybe they will turn all the way green in time. She is a fiery little rocket when awake, and pretty well coordinated already. Growing daily in a visible way! Fierce with Duke, who found her, and playful with Emma, who dotes on her. Maybe this is Emma's last baby, eh? The only one that won't be taken away from her.
Well, that's it for now.





10 comments:

Principle of Vice said...

How about Beelzebub because all cats are evil?

dilling said...

i could almost say the same thing about pugs!!!! Especially when they run in gangs!

katy said...

they look so good together, glad you got to keep her and so is Emma by the look of things!
names - Kit-Kat, C-fer, Tigger oh kitty would do just fine

Coffeypot said...

Looks like the little one is part of the family now, whether you like it or not.

Heidi the Hick said...

Hahaha! A gang of pugs! Terrifying!!

I vote for Chase.

I love how Emma has bonded with her. I think you're right- her maternal instincts are intact and this baby won't be taken away!

Michael Colvin said...

They look so cute together. I bet she gets a great name.

LadyBronco said...

I vote for Tink.
(short for Tinkerbell)

:0)

Biddie said...

Tink is good - if she IS a she..I like Chase and Fish, too. Mind you, I still think of her as Arlo.

Victoria said...

oh YAY!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Emma has a puppy that she can keep. Love Scoob