Thursday, July 05, 2007

look what Duke found....

all alone by the side of the trail, near the river....out in the woods, with nobody around... his eyes are still blue...how old does that mean? Six weeks or so? Duke wanted to eat him, as would just about anything else out there that found him, including the three bald eagles we saw cruising around overhead...but he didn't eat him so Duke is the hero today...Duke saved a life.Good Boy, Dukey! Good Boy.
It was 27 degrees C today, 80 degrees F...no water where we found him...nothing for something so tiny to eat. Who knows how long he's been out there....maybe he was born out there. I don't know. Did I do the right thing bringing him home?
We'll see what Michael says when he gets home from work.

11 comments:

Olly said...

What a sweety face! I would have brought him home,too. Way too hot out there for him. Can't remember when the eyes change. My cat is 8. How does your dog like the cat?

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that you didn't have a choice in the matter and how could you resist those baby blue eyes. He looks healthy, but he certainly wouldn't have lasted long in the wild. Looks like you're the proud mama of a new wee kitten.

dilling said...

p.s. michael is umimpressed.

Michael Colvin said...

He is so cute! I am sure you did the right thing.

Marni said...

You did the right thing... lucky kitty...

katy said...

you did right, sure you can win michael round

Heidi the Hick said...

"But I couldn't just leave him out there!!!"

I've got a funny feeling you want a new cat.

Anonymous said...

if you left him there your conscence would never have felt clear. you are to soft to let a little baby kitty fend for itself, and that is one of the reasons michael loves you!! remind him of that!

Biddie said...

Oh, Arlo! Is SOOOO cute! I think that you did the right thing, even if you can't keep him. You couldn't just leave him there, poor little baby.
He really is sweet, and I think that Micheal will come around....

DJ Kirkby said...

ah how sweet! Is he feral do you think? I can't believe it is so hot back home, it has been raining for most of June over here! I do remember that the weather was always guarenteed to be gorgeous by the time we reached my birthday, alas I can't say the same for over here...

dilling said...

He or she seems pretty content to let me pet, knows the litterbox, etc., so I doubt feral...I think dumped.