Saturday, March 03, 2007

tonight....

Edward is on television...since the first time I saw it, I have only watched it one time from beginning to end. In the beginning, it is all I ever hope for from mankind. The second half is all I ever expect from mankind...and now, I will NEVER miss the first half of Edward and NEVER watch the second half.
And God Bless the Academy for giving Alan Arkin an Academy Award. Edward definitely sealed the deal for me("Good, isn't it?") but Catch 22? Glen Gary, Glen Ross? The In-Laws? The Slums of Beverly Hills? And some comedy about submarines and Hollywood?(Thinking about it now, I think it was called "the Russians are Coming. The Russians are Coming.") He's a definite genius....crush list? Maybe. Maybe definitely. Definitely YES!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That movie always delighted and disturbed me. Good call on turning it off for the second half.

Can you believe that dusting of snow? So. Wrong.

Looooove your pictures of Piper's Lagoon.

Who's the dog in the pictures? I thought your pup passed? Maybe I need to go back to reading the archives! LOL

Michael Colvin said...

I love this film. I always watch it all the way through because it confirms my cynical view of the world. I love its slightly scary fairytale quality. A great film.

Anonymous said...

strange and beautiful....

dilling said...

michelle, emma is mine, the little beaglish one. we adopted her from rescue in September when I came to understand I can never live without a dog...it's the only way anything makes sense to me.

Anonymous said...

This is Johnny Depp film that I haven't seen yet, but everyone tells me it's a must, so I should.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh Dilling, you KNOW how I love this movie.

And you nailed it perfectly: first half, second half. It's so beautiful and so tragic. Hope for and expect.

I haven't let my kids watch it all the way through yet. The ending is so heavy. But I've picked out a few scenes for them. When I feel like they're ready I'll let them see it. Someday.

I love Edward. He just wasn't finished yet.

ldbug said...

Yeah, the second half is sad:-(