Thursday, March 29, 2007

better than cable...

It was a busy day at the crack house over Spanglish yesterday. There had been police here earlier in the day, as well, however I was just plain unprepared for this much excitement on a Wednesday night! Not very long before this came down, I had left a message for the Watch Command that if officers had an extra five minutes here and there, could they possibly just do some drive-bys because it was so busy. I am sure this is not in response to that call, but thank you anyway! Maybe it had nothing to do with anything but THANKS anyway!!!! Thanks. There were many more opportunities for photos, but as some of the five RMCP cars that were there were unmarked and some of the officers appeared to be undercover, I'll contain myself.
I wasn't even aware anything was going on, I happened to look out the window and noticed a large amount of the "regulars" who are flopping above Spanglish hightailing it down the street. That usually means RCMP are around...and they were. In a big way.

Needless to say, high drama ensued. There were people everywhere. Not counting the officers, there were Fire workers and Ambulance workers tending to a very overly medicated woman...whom I have seen selling drugs around here frequently...and hovering around the fringes of all the activity, much of our regular "traffic" in this neighbourhood.
Eventually, the excitement dispersed, the ambulance transported, the Fire Truck and the RCMP left...and merely moments later, there was the lookout guy in the alley...however, these folks are SUPPOSED to be out by the end of the month, according to the building's owner...and it is the 29th today. Cross your fingers.














4 comments:

Biddie said...

I missed your last couple of posts...Not missed, just didn't comment. We've been a bit busy. Not as busy as the peeps in your hood, apparently.
How are things going, anyway? I hope that things are improving. Stop by my place for puggy goodness everyday until Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Eyes, legs, fingers and toes crossed as I write (not easy). Yes, yes...let's hope!

Jay said...

Oooh, exciting. You live near a crack house? My neighbourhood is just full of grow-ops, not nearly as glamourous.

Michael Colvin said...

Grrr. Whenever I read this stuff I take the safety off my imaginary flame thrower.