Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's been a while....

Wanna come for a walk? Sun three days in a row....not sunny all day, every day, mind you...but three days in a row now, we have had sun. The world seems all over better...a bit. I am behind in photos....this is Harewood Mines walk three days ago. The moss is succulent and lush...."the verdant green," to quote Jane Siberry....I wonder if she will be at the Junos....anyway, the ground beneath our feet is soft, full moss. You could sleep on it without any complaint. It is inches and inches thick here. You couldn't possibly imagine it. I can't fathom it and I am here two or three times a week.
The arbutus groves here on this walk make me ache a bit...I remember being in love with one tree at my grandmother's cabin...a red tree that shed it's skin instead of its leaves. We called her by her other name, "the Madrona. " There was only one. It's still there, though Gramma is long gone. Imagine walking through an entire grove of these things....they are cutting them down by the thousands to make the new highway to Whister for the "greenest" Olympics ever. Isn't that a crying shame? These don't just grow anywhere.

Itsy bitsy mushrooms....


....and again......



Eemer(We call her that more than we call her Emma) in action. She loves the new zip leash...I hate it. She took me down hard with it last night...today I am bruised and have large patches of skin missing from my knees and elbows....but she can RUN for a while....





She can chase Yuko!!!!




And even catch her!





And after a nice long walk and run, it is always good to come home for a snuggle and the paper on the couch....tomorrow(which was yesterday), we walked at Bowen Park and I am not sure if I have ever taken you there before or not. Come on back!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's lovely. and look at emmer's ears a-flappin'!
we got snow again so drink up that green for me!

CindyDianne said...

The woods are just about my favorite places. Thank you so much for taking me on your walkies.

Olly said...

The last couple days have been great for walking. One of my faves is around Westwood lake. Although a walk to downtown and back enjoying looking at old houses while listening to good tunes works for me too. Loved your pictures!

ldbug said...

Oh I'm so glad for the sun!!! Yay! more dog walks and there is nothing like a little bit of sun to chase away the gloom that's been hovering.

Em is sooooo cute! I'm glad she can run, but sorry for the fall! :-(

Michael Colvin said...

I love the pic of Emma. How cute!