Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday

Vigan on our walk today...watching a bee.

This is the house that burned yesterday. Sorry about the angle but I was actually driving when I took this photo. See the guy in the truck? He was there all night, too. He is making sure no one goes in, so I believe this fire may be investigated as arson. I was just thinking about how many fires there are in this neighbourhood. We have lived here two years, this is the third house to burn basically to the ground...several garage fires, as well. Complete losses, all of them. I have probably seen more fires in the last two years than in the whole of my life put together. Go figure.
Some of the happenings of the hood...remember the guy I told you about who went after someone with a stick?!? Our neighbour across the street? He pulled a knife on his two roommates. Did I mention how much I love my neighbours before? Because if I haven't, I'd like to mention it here. Someone set off our "good" neighbour's motion detector sprinkler on the way through the yard in the wee hours of the morning. My friend opened the window cuz she could hear the guy in her back entry and told him to get the *bleepety bleep bleep bleep* out and he actually said to her, "It's alright, I am just running from someone. I'll get out of here soon." She let the dog out. I might have turned on all the lights and yelled out the window "HE'S OVER HERE!!!!!" Then again, the dog is good, too.
This is one of the puppies my friends had at their place in Washington. I absolutely adore the smell of puppies. It releases endorphins in me in a big mad rush. I must have been a dog in another life...what did I do to come back as a human? A good thing or a bad thing? Hmmmm.
Talk to you later.
G'nite

1 comment:

dilling said...

I don't think the one that just burned was a crackhouse...just bad luck. The previous one was definitely arson and I THINK it was because a crack house and someone around here just got tired of it...the last, I don't know. Garage fires may be crackheads cooking up or trying to keep warm. It's been fairly quiet around here since the fire, though.