Friday, June 16, 2006

so sorry, Crook


Dear Mister Crook
We are so sorry we couldn't teach you to stay off the street, you were so determined to escape us. We are sorry we couldn't love you as much as your SPCA heart craved, but we tried. You were a total monster at times, but you were our monster. We love you. I will miss playing tag and smouse with you, will miss chattering with you, will miss you purring against me at night. I will miss you and Michael reading the paper together. Michael will miss you more than he will admit, but I know...and you do, too. Be good to Maggie over there. Play nice. We'll see you when we get there. loveloveloveyou, mister.

3 comments:

emily said...

bye bye crookie. i will miss you too. i am glad now that i snuck you more kittie treats than i should have when i kitty watched. be good crookie pants.

Anonymous said...

Em told me the news and having been where you are now, I send my heartfelt condolences at poor Crook's misfortune to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...and timing for a street cat is everything. Take comfort in knowing that he lived in a home where he was loved by two very special humans.

Crafty Missus said...

oh i cried when i read the comment you left me. and then i cried more when i read the post about sweet crook. i've noticed him on your blog before and i love his handsome face. the death of my spazzz has been the hardest hit i've ever taken. i know the pain of losing a sweet purr. he was obviously so loved. we know the dangers when we let our cats go outside, but i like to think of how happy spazzz was to be chasing flies through long grass and chattering at birds from the fence top. i'm sure that crook and spazzz are somewhere taking cranky tom cat swipes at each other.