Wednesday, June 21, 2006

boring blahg

Here's an arbutus(madrona) from one of my dog walking spots...these are my favorite trees and this walk has loads of them...I have heard that if you rub the bark in your palms, it is a natural laxative, though it has never had that effect on me...thank goodness because some of my dog walkies are quite long!!! Hopefully, the dogwood tree I got for Michael's birthday this year will have blooms like this next year. The blooms this year had just a hint of pink. These were in Olympia...they were impressive and I can't wait to see ours do the same.
Calalily at Donna's...I guess I am not done planting in my own garden because I don't have any of these!!! So beautiful next to my bed down there. Thanks, Donna.
Not much news today...waiting for company to arrive so I have been cleaning and mowing and getting ready...haven't watched the hood today. Walked Bowen park earlier with Deb and dogs, though. Vigan didn't know how deep the river ran and plunged right in. His little eyes grew so huge! But he liked it, all the same, coming out refreshed and full of piss and vinegar. That's about all tonight, today, whatever....just wanted a little post before guests arrived. Take care, all.

No comments: