Friday, June 02, 2006

things I will miss

Though I have travelled a bunch in my life, it usually entailed moving my whole home with me. I don't travel well...though I will be gone less than two weeks, there are things I will miss tremendously, like Michael, my touchstone. To a lesser extent, Crook, my antagonist.
Impromptu expeditions with friends and neighbours. Today a last minute phone call and we were off to the farmer's market where I bought the last two basil plants. It's all about timing...I am bound and determined to make some delicious organic pesto this season...with goat parmesan, if I can find it here on the island.
I will miss dog walkies....after walking to the farmer's market, we loaded my car with dogs and neighbours and headed to Harewood Mines for some much needed doggie-energy-expenditure....
I will miss Faxe...I know I am heading to the land of micro-brews at reasonable prices but still....there is something about a strong Dane that I like very much.
I will miss my house. Lots. I miss the feeling of home when I am away. And though I am heading to the place where I was born, I do not think I have ever felt at home there. I have fun. I like seeing everyone, friends and family(mostly), but I am, and always have been, so relieved to see Olympia in my rearview mirror on the way to somewhere else. I don't know if that is sad...it just IS. So, anyhoo, good folks who are reading, I don't know how much blogging I may get to. Surely not lots...I will miss this, also, I think.
Talk at you later....G'nite. then.

2 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

great post. great couch. great tomcat.
i suppose since im doling out compliments, great sleeping man too.

Anonymous said...

Those gals from Newfoundland say it like it is...good one, Cara! Bon voyage, Leslie. Think of your trip as grist for the blogging mill...can't wait to read all about it. Play safe...