Tuesday, June 27, 2006

bomber

Fire season is officially ON now...yesterday, this water bomber(or maybe it was two different ones) refilled out on the water behind that stretch of land out there in this top photo. They came in at least three times for more water. These photos are off our back deck. The first trip over was deafening. The house was shaking. Car alarms were going off. I didn't know what it was and ran out onto the deck just in time to watch it pass directly over the house...but I didn't have the camera ready for that pass! I was too alarmed at the noise to think clearly! I should know by now...always, always have the camera at hand!

We could watch their descent but missed seeing them actually pick up the water, as they would disappear behind that mass of land and reappear on the other side...it was so surreal to watch those giant, heavy planes head down to water. Your mind keeps telling you it shouldn't be happening, that it looks completely wrong...I hope those pilots make good money for that... it is scary watching it from the outside. I wonder what it looks like from the cockpit. Then it is a long, slow climb to the travelling altitude, which is not very high at all. The planes looked like they were going in slow motion. Again, surreal. This giant, ponderous monster crawling through the low sky so slowly. What holds them up?!? Most impressive. Good job, pilots!
My snapdragons are opening....precious, aren't they? As soon as one colour fades from my garden, something else blooms....I didn't even plan it that way!!!! How the heck did I do that?!? The day lilies are up, too. More photos tomorrow. Not too much "haps" in the hood. I think the excessive heat is keeping folks off the street. It is just too damn hot to be out making trouble right now. The temperature should be dropping back to the normal ranges tomorrow and then the gates of Crazy Town will be flung wide. Things have been too quiet round here again. Something's gotta give!

1 comment:

dilling said...

Can you believe how long I was sick?!? I can't. Just the past four days have I felt normal. Even today I had a little nap after two days of high energy. I don't know what the hell it was, but it KICKED my ass.