Monday, September 29, 2008

It's take your mom to school day...

Okay, so maybe not...maybe it's cuz I have my own learning to do that I went...to school...with Eem-er...and the U-Dog, Rob Kerr. I rode in the bus, too....with a pack of nine dogs...
It was better than Disneyland. I swear. Louder and with a bit more slobber, but still better than Disneyland! You know what I learned in school today? That I have a better dog than I gave her credit for... and that she will come back to me(eventually), if I give her a little more freedom than I have been. Those times she's bolted from me really scared the bejesus out of me and I have to learn to give up some of that fear...and find better ways of dealing with my headstrong dog.
The hike was amazing...I'd never been out there on that trail before. Some grand scenery, lots of arbutus and moss, and sky and grass and rocky knolls, and vistas....
Thanks for the walk, Rob. And the lesson.

9 comments:

CindyDianne said...

I had to learn that lesson with Daisy too. It is still difficult sometimes.

It LOOKS like it was better than Disneyland. :-)

JoS said...

what is that stone circle thingy the dogs are poking around in? Looks like some sort of pagan ritual site!

lexiloo said...

I had to learn that lesson with Carver too! are we the overprotective parents?!

Olly said...

Just LOVE that picture of the dogs in the van - all behaving themselves. Do they ever fight?

raine said...

Considering I just got back from Disneyland a week ago (yes, twice in one year, but no rain this time) I'm not sure I can agree - but I always did woner what it was like inside the U-DOG van...

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh boy, I wanna go too!

Victoria said...

Totally cool!

Lily said...

Neat! Where was the hike? Looks like a nice spot and the weather's been so great!

Jeep Grrrl said...

I love it! I'm jealous!! Tell me stories!