Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to me....



I have been waiting nearly twelve years to see this guy live...so for my birthday(he must know it's my birthday, right?)tomorrow, tickets went on sale(today) for Martin Sexton's show in Vancouver next month...Orchestra level seats...and for me, for my birthday, I bought some. And honestly? Serendipity. Yeah, cuz I didn't know about this ticket sale at all...was looking into a Ticketmaster notice about Lucinda Williams tickets going on sale tomorrow at the same venue and stumbled across the news by accident....which is just the slightest bit irksome cuz I am on Martin's mailing list....but whatever. And? I already have the day off and the day after...just saying, serendipitous, eh? And you know what else??? You only turn 40 once. I may just buy myself tickets to see Lucinda, too. Because I love a girl who knows how to rock, in a bluesy, country, soulful sort of way...and doesn't really fit the mold.
Life can be sweet, even without the cake...
and tomorrow?
I get cake, too!

with frosting.

10 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Wow! Happy Birthday and nice choice for a birthday present! Yay you!

Michael Colvin said...

Woohoo! Happy Birthday Dilling! :)

Olly said...

See? It's all good turning 40. Happy Birthday!

lexiloo said...

happy birthday to you! cheers!!

Lily said...

Omg. I'm so jealous! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow! A double header, and all for you! Happy Birthday, girl. The best is yet to come for you.

I would love to see Martin Sexton. Maybe one of these days. You must give a full report. We saw Lucinda right after Car Wheels came out. It was an outstanding show. Turned out that Jim Lauderdale sang back-up - BONUS! Do you have any of her early stuff? We must share if you do not!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girl x
you sure got yourself a great present well done x

Gardenia said...

How super exciting - sounds like a winner to me. Happy happy birthday - - -

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday my love. of course i missed it... but i do have a pressie for you.... must deal with the mail....
love love love

Victoria said...

Happppppy Birthday!!!!