Monday, September 22, 2008

summer is definitely wrapping up....

and I can't really say that I like that. The down comforter goes back in the duvet cover tonight! And I am pulling the long-sleeved things to the front of my closet today.....and thinking of soup...with dumplings for dinner.

We had a lovely dinner party the other night...a goodbye to Dukie and family. It was fun to have the house full of people, and laughter and food, and love. I reckon there won't be so many of these moments for a while, the house crowded with dogs, elbows knocking into elbows, the good-natured teasings of good friends come together. I will miss them so much.
It certainly has been a summer of change...my emotions have run the gambit, and still are. My pack of plenty is down to just Eem-er and I most of the time now. Thank goodness she loves the U-Dog. At least she will be part of a pack still. Thank goodness I have work now, as well, and that I love it.
Well, it's time to get out of here for a bit...there is sunshine out those doors, even if the wind is chilly...and smells for Ee-mer to smell, and sights for me to see, pictures to take and discoveries to make. Tomorrow, I will download some of the photos off the camera and give you all a little update on the Hood. Some cool haps down this way...of course, lots of the same old crap, too! Talk to y'all later.

4 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Fall is kind of melancholy at first, isn't it? No real signs of it here yet. In Iowa the trees were just starting to change...

Anonymous said...

I am so ready for fall. You always give me a picture of what is to come. Thanks for that!

Michael Colvin said...

I noticed fallen leaves blowing around for the first time on our walk at the weekend. Cripes!

Olly said...

Gah!!!!It can't be over! I still haven't got through my summer to do list!