Thursday, September 04, 2008

Up to the Challenge?

CindyDianne has challenged us.... without cleaning it, we were to take a photo of our bedside table. And to tell what the "to do" list is regarding the stuff there. I don't know what that is supposed to tell you about me, but I am not afraid. And seriously, CindyDiane, I did not clean it for the photos. You may remember that I am that person who wanted a mop for her birthday last year(this year I want the Dexter book series, hint hint). This is just how it is...my "to do" list, at any given time, is to finish reading whatever four or five books I have on the go at the time. My bedside table is tiny for a reason...so that it can't collect stuff. There is a method to my madness, after all. A battery operated clock so that if the power goes out, the clock is still going. I used to have a glass of water bedside, but the kitty likes to put her feet in it while I was sleeping and taking a swig out of kitty foot flavoured water at 3am is disgusting...so bottled water it is(sorry, Al Gore.) The silver thing is my reading glasses case. I know I paid a good chunk of change for 20/20 vision, but sometimes the tiny print books are just TOO TINY of print these days....which brings me to my books. Yup. Usually four at a time...right now, it's five although the fifth one is on the living room bureau since it's about training dogs, and I am not training Eem-er at bedtime. Here, though, you will find I am reading this, and this, and this, and, finally, this. What are you reading???

Just to prove it's not a staged shot, CindyDianne, I'll add this one....note the bed is not even made and my ginormous stack of pillows is on the floor. I am currently sleeping with only pillow now, an ortho pillow, at that. I hate it. I miss all my pillows....oh, yeah, see the blue ball on the nightstand? It is for rolling along knots in your neck, back, etc....been having some neck and back pain lately...so on my to do list, STRETCHING exercises and possibly an accupuncture treatment....and maybe someday actually find out what causes this pain. And if you think my bedside table is boring....look at Michael's!

Just the remote for the fan/light fixture....what is it about men and remote controls?
K, that's it. The phone just rang and they are down one person at work...cold and flu season seems to have started.
bye now.


8 comments:

Biddie said...

You are so brave! Mind you, your photo is nothing like what mine would look like...I am not nearly as tidy as you are. If I got a mop for my birthday, I would cry.

CindyDianne said...

Well, you did it. That much is true. But, as you predicted, it was a bit dull. LOL

How's that for sour grapes from the perennially cluttered beside?
;-)

Lily said...

How fun. I'll take a photo tonight and post it tomorrow. I think I have too many books sitting there right now. If fact I bought Prince Charles' biography at the thrift store and am reading it now. I wonder if I should put a bag over my head in shame? Poor Charles was only worth 25 cents. I love it those kinds of books though.

Michael Colvin said...

Kitty foot water... heh heh heh.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh geez, I dunno if I should take up this challenge after seeing how neat you and Tod are! But I might win for messy. Hmm.

I love your bedroom and I love that your bedside tables don't match!

Must read Tao of Willie. When I'm done with Barack though, I might be done with autobiographies for awhile...

dilling said...

Biddie, still don't have a mop!!!!
CindyDiane...i warned you!
Allium, they wrote a biography about him?!?
Tod, don't tell me you've never had the pleasure of kitty foot water....
Heidi, I don't go for matchy matchy...I love my reed table and michael's is just a beautiful, old wooden apple box that I have had as long as I can remember...symmetry is highly overrated...and the Tao of Willie is an easy read, not so much an autobiography but just Willie telling some really good stories and some really bad jokes.

Anonymous said...

ditto to what tod said!!!!!!!!
do you read more than one book at a time? I can't do that it would get me so confused.
oh next week just for Eee-mer a new photo of Milo will be posted!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I would post a picture but whose bedside table do you want mine or Spencer's? I usually stay at his house and well...they are both so messy it would just be shameful.