Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Exquisite

Tell me again about the Flaws,

about the warps, and the buckles, and the twists,

about the dangerous ways we get lost,

and then listen....

Let me tell you about the Beauty,

about following an uneven path barefoot,

fingertips brushing the high grasses,

eyes seeking, breath exhaling and, even still, trapped.

Find something that steals your sleep...

or your soul...

Something so exquisitely Flawed that it may even break your heart

but leaves it beating, just the same...

and then tell me.

Tell me about the Beauty.

3 comments:

captain corky said...

"about the dangerous ways we get lost"

It's scary how easy it is and how long it takes to find our way back.

Beautiful words.

Olly said...

I'm with Corky. The dangerous ways we get lost is endless for me.

Michael Colvin said...

Fantastic.