Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Win, Lose or Draw?

The flickers in Nob Hill Park are getting pretty used to me and my camera in the mornings. Sadly, so are other things...less pretty things. This morning as I was leaving the park, I saw three crackheads coming straight for the park from methadone clinic....so I turned around and marched myself and Eem-er right back into the park and right up to where the addicts usually go to get high...I got there first!!! Then, two more neighbours with two more dogs showed up...and then Dukey and his mom arrived. We all just meandered around the park, back and forth and up and down, letting the dogs play and sniff and explore to their furry hearts' content. The crackheads tried to wait us out but the crack was just itching to be smoked.
So they just crossed the street to this little patch of grass outside a yard where there were three little kids just coming home from somewhere and smoked it there in full view of everyone...and then just headed off downtown, unconcerned with their actions or ours.
So I ask you, is that a win, a loss or a draw? Yeah, they didn't get the park today, but it didn't really feel much like victory, either.


10 comments:

Yvonne said...

well, victory in one day's battle. But the war goes on. ;(

Val Cox said...

it's crazy--I'd call it a victory! Love the bird images and the new banner!

CindyDianne said...

I like the flickers best!

Now, lets talk photo challenge....

Michael Colvin said...

I'm not going to comment on the druggie scumbags today because I want to say what a fab banner that is. I LOVE IT!

dilling said...

CindyDiane, yes, let's talk PHOTOCHALLENGE....
should we open it right up to everyone? Should we do a joint post asking if everyone wants to play along? Pick our subjects or vote on a subject? I'd write you but I seem to have misplaced your email address!
I am sure Rain might like to play this game...anyone else?

dilling said...

Val and Tod...thanks, I love my banner, too.

Yvonne said...

Your banner is brilliant!

I'd be up on the photo challenge. What do we do? ;)

CindyDianne said...

CindyDianne_tx@yahoo.com

Joint post sounds good. Let's talk via email! Yay!

raine said...

You are totally rockin the headers. I am in love with your little flickers. i got one on the weekend but not nearly so nice. I am all over the photchallenge!!!

Gardenia said...

Gees - unreal. It's hard not to be furious I could imagine.

I love the bird photos -

And the dog and kitty from the back is a wonderful photo too - I love your photography