Wednesday, February 06, 2008

may you find some comfort there

You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight



Its easier to believe in this sweet madness oh
This glorious sadness that brings me to my knees
( Angel Sarah McLachlan)

Red Cross

As a U.S. citizen I am mightily sickened by the news today. Some 40 tornadoes touched down in one day, killing at least 50 men, women and children in five states, leaving countless families homeless, parents jobless, students without schools, lives wounded, bereft, grieving, in shock... and every news station had Super Tuesday as the lead story. Isn't that a crying shame?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is quite a bit of coverage on it now. We were just watching a report on the university in Tennessee where there were a handful of injuries, no deaths, but only skeletons of buildings remain. They gave great credit to the fact that the students had been drilled on how to move to safe places, and followed the plan. Because the storms hit during the night in many places, people did not hear the warnings and did not have a chance to seek shelter. There are many sad stories, but also many stories of survival. My heart goes out to them.

Anonymous said...

And I love your new picture.

Olly said...

I saw the devastation on the news last night. Shit. That must have been so scary. I thought tornadoes were a summer thing, no? I guess with global warming anything goes.

captain corky said...

I love Sarah Mclachlan. She's amazing talent. KY got hit by the storms. It was crazy. I was at work and my wife and son were home sleeping. Luckily, they were safe.

Heidi the Hick said...

painful.

Gardenia said...

The song makes me cry. Yeh, its pretty sad when the elections get bigger coverage than a tragedy like that. I thought it might hit here - it was blackish green in the sky, and gray and so dark in the middle of the day.......