Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Eem-er's MeMe not for me

So I was tagged for a meme....well, actually not me. Eem-er was tagged. By Katy. Well, actually by Mr. Milo. She is supposed to tell you six random things about herself that you might not know. Since she can't type, I guess that means it is up to me...which is difficult because really, what haven't I told you about this dog? But, here we go...it is for Mr. Milo, after all! He's a good boy.
1. Her first name was Sylvan. In rescue at Beagle Paws, they renamed her Charlotte. We couldn't figure out a name for her the first week we had her...I didn't want the name Charlotte. Michael picked Emma. We liked it...it had been my first choice...but the longer she was with us, the more we found that somehow Emma just doesn't fit her...and she has become Eem-er to most who know her, although officially her name is still Emma.
2. She has a fake Kennel Club tattoo in her ear.
3. Her favorite toys are the lids off our soy milk containers...or better yet, off a Propel bottle... or rocks. We don't bother buying her real toys anymore. She just ignores them.
4. She will never get enough love to make up for whatever happened to her before. She'll always be a bit "damaged." Damn people, anyway.
5. She refuses to go for a walk in the rain. I have to drag her out the door. She plants her feet and digs in. Every time.
6. When she meets you the first time, she will attempt to put her nose on your eyeball.
No tagging from me. If you want to tell us six random things about yourself, well, you go right on and do so!!!! I won't stop ya!!!

11 comments:

Olly said...

That is sooo cute! Was she still a puppy when you got her? Maybe if I'm stuck for an idea I'll do one for my cat! He's got lots of secrets!

dilling said...

She was almost four years old when we got her.

Victoria said...

nose on eyeball? hee!

here's six random things about me from right this second!
i'm lying on a couch.
in purple pjs.
i don't know what to have for dinner.
i have a hair elastic around my wrist.
there is a light on in my living room
my slippers are blue.

Biddie said...

I am SO glad that you found each other. Maybe Ruby will do one in a day or two. She would love this. She is very self involved, you know.

Michael Colvin said...

I'm so glad that Eem-er has a nice home and people to live with.

katy said...

Eem-er has a lot of sense in not liking to go walking in the rain!
Mr Milo will go out in it but tries to hide his face in my legs!
Thank you Eem-er and Dilling for joining in.

FOUR DINNERS said...

My kinda Beagle!!! Beeeeautiful!!!

Coffeypot said...

Abused dogs, like humans, never fully recover. But she is loved and she knows it. And she's smarter that humans, too. She knows better than to go out in the rain.

susan sabo photography said...

i love this photo and this post! :) it's so wonderful to hear these little bits of personality that make up your dog. and i love the eyeball thing! lol! i would love to come and visit you to get my eyeball sniffed.

susan sabo photography said...

PS: the damaged part? i totally feel that. poor thing. I adopted Buzz when he was only 8 months old and he was really emotionally damaged. the vets all told me he would grow out of it. but he died at 14 and was just as clingy and afraid of abandonment as he was the first day i brought him home. why do people do the things they do?

dilling said...

Susan...I don't know...it seems so easy to make their life so easy...they want so little from us. My last dog was the Queen of my life. I had her since puppyhood and she KNEW she was my treasure. Eeemer had trauma we don't know about...she was so fragile when she came to us...a year and some we'd have thought we could overcome more than what we have so far...we just love her so much.