Thursday, February 28, 2008

Smile and say cheese....

The challenge has been made...the Photo Challenge, that is. CindyDianne and I are having a challenge, but it's open to everyone because it's about a season and not about a place. Our challenge is "Spring. " We have one week...post your photos NEXT Friday(March 7th) and show us all what Spring is like where you are, how it makes you feel, what you look for, what you may be looking at instead...come on, join us! Pretty please? With a milkbone on top?
Walking Eem-er yesterday morning, I heard siren after siren. At Nob Hill Park which overlooks downtown, I saw this plume of black smoke rise over the marina. Since I was already out walking and I already had my camera, I went to be a looky-loo. Morbid, I know.
I missed the flames, which were apparently 30 feet high, but arrived in time to watch the last of the dousing efforts. Lots of firetrucks, rescue, an emergency boat on the water...lots of other looky-loos, too....thankfully, these two boats were on the end of the docks. It could have been much worse. I am sure the owners of these two boats might disagree with me, though.
Well, that's it for me...for now. It's too noisy to concentrate.
I have a city work crew outside jackhammering the road....moving the drains for the new curbs, I think.
Later, then.
It's so relaxing...NOT.


15 comments:

CindyDianne said...

My challenge is up too! Yay for us!

captain corky said...

I look forward to seeing your pics. I don't know if I have any Spring pics at all. We get about two weeks of Spring here, and then it becomes unbearably hot!

Olly said...

Speaking of photos - I just love your new header!

Michael Colvin said...

I'll see what I can come up with. Stuff is blooming here but we can have days and days of gloomy weather so everything looks drab. Plus my camera's never charged up. Is that enough excuses from me for a bad photo?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Spring. It's 20 degrees here and there is still snow on the ground!

Gardenia said...

I am a huge sucker for smiling dogs, they can get me to jump through anything for a smile.

I posted some spring photos over at Herlofty tonight....

dilling said...

gardenia....what is herlofty?

raine said...

So glad you and CD got it together for the challenge. I am definately in. I will be spending every lunch hour next week crawling around looking for sprouts!

georgia strait said...

I'm in for the photo challenge, too! I haven't been taking many pictures lately - it will be fun to get back into it.
Yeah! Spring!!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

If I could figure out how to upload my pictures on to the computer I would totally be in on the challenge. Since I am technologicall handicapped we will have to wait and when it happens you will all be glad to see my pics from Christmas and New Year's. lol

FOUR DINNERS said...

Only spring we ever see over here these days is attached to Zebedee or poking out of a mattress in the driveway next door.....

Biddie said...

I am going to get caught up with everyone asap. (Love the photos, btw).
There is an award for you at my place.

Gardenia said...

ooops, The Lofty Perch - my blog - flowers are blooming here - already.

dilling said...

Gardenia...where is it? I only know of nightwatch(no posts since Nov) and Sage's Journey(to which I am not a subscribed member)...

JoS said...

Eeeeyuck! Obviously none of your previous 14 commenters own a boat! What a mess! What a nightmare! Swirl is shivering in her timbers!