Wednesday, June 06, 2007

don't cry for the 60's....

Peace, Love, Mercedes.....
When I go home to Olympia, I stay with a friend who lives close to a high school. The kids paint this rock at the front entrance over and over and over and over again....and then over again. It's probably only half this size and the rest is countless coats of paint.
Maybe this kid's parents were the real deal hippies...there are plenty of those left to be found in Olympia. If that is the case, it has obviously skipped a generation.
If I wasn't laughing so loud, I might have cried.



Give Mercedes a Chance.....
March for Mercedes....



anyone else?

7 comments:

lexiloo said...

There is also a rock at my old high school that is continuously painted over! Haven’t seen any mercedes signs, but there is usually something amusing!

katy said...

oh lord wont you buy me a mercedes bensz, my friends all drive porches i must make amends!

Michael Colvin said...

I would get such a kick out of spray painting a rock.

Heidi the Hick said...

Gah, I am speechless! hee hee!

Heidi the Hick said...

Have I ever told you that I love your flickr badge?

Anonymous said...

how about green mercedes (peas) ...

seriously though, it's actually semaphore for "Nuclear Disarmament" "N" is both flags (left and right) pointing down at 45 degrees, and "D" is one flag straight up and the other straight down).

Anonymous said...

green mercedes (peas) ... actually, it is semaphore for "Nuclear Disarmament" ("N" is the left and right flags both pointing down at 45 degrees, and "D" is one flag straight up and the other straight down).