Thursday, June 14, 2007

Isn't it ironic....(don't you think?)

...that the same people who will stop you for a sobriety check, lead you away in handcuffs for drinking and driving, will tow and impound your car, also have a commemorative shot glass? I thought it a bit a ironic....a little too ironic, if you will. But here, take a closer look.

Yep. The Mounties. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police. A shot glass.
Then again, it's all about perspective. Vancouver Island Health Authority is handing out crack pipes around this neighbourhood. I wonder if their logo is on them?
(thanks for my present, Barb)
PS....did you just read in my comments that DIABETICS STILL PAY FOR NEEDLES AND NEEDLE TIPS(even low income or disability NOT due to drug addiction) and we are giving away free crackpipes!!!!! Tax dollars at work, people. It is said the crackpipes are given away for harm reduction. That the gerry-rigged pipes they make are dangerous. What about the harm the CRACK is doing to their bodies? They are still killing themselves and you(VIHA) are helping them. What about the harm you are inflicting handing those out in my neighbourhood? I was walking downtown yesterday and COULDN'T get around a HORDE(no joke) of crackheads converging on the nurses handing out crackpipes...ON MY STREET!!! They can't hand them out inside or outside of the Salvation Army Shelter but CAN hand them out on my residential street? Asshats. I'm sorry, but HONESTLY!!! Asshats. After all the press about Spanglish and crackpipes and the outrage and strife...could you not make a more intellegent decision? Really?
Thanks for being so very, very understanding to this neighbourhood, VIHA. Can you hear that dripping sound? Yeah? Wonder what it is? It's called sarcasm.
Maybe you need someone else in charge of things, VIHA.
AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!







10 comments:

Olly said...

Must be part of their latest revenue grab. I guess the latest seatbelt thing isn't as profitable as they hoped - even if they were pretending to be construction workers.

Bunny said...

lol, maybe it was too much Dudley Dooright as a kid, but I always have had a thing for your "Mounties"!! (Something about the big hat & horse, I guess!)
Wha?? I'm perplexed about the crack pipe thing. . .???

Biddie said...

I am not a fan of the Mounties....Not that I am anti police force...
We have a program here, too where free 'kits' are given out to junkies. You get you need to fix up, except of course for the crack. Meanwhile, diabetics still PAY for needles and needle tips.
Go figure.
I do love the shot glass.

dilling said...

biddie, I love my shot glass, too.
if you have a needle exchange program there, you could maybe just tell them you are a crack addict and exhange the diabetes needles?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying your blog for a little while now and I appreciate your work here on documenting the issues on South Nanaimo.

I commend you for even being able to remain there (all neighborhoods need some good people) but as for me, I get depressed anytime I even have to drive through. Kudos to you.

I was just thinking to myself today, I wonder who is in charge of the decision to hand out down town Vancouver's East Side junkies all those one way ferry tickets to the island, in an effort to clean up their backyard for the Olympics. Do you know? I thought it was just a rumor, but apparently it's true. Sending them over here even though they know they are homeless and drug-addicted.
Thanks Vancouver, or whoever is in charge of that one. And where is THAT ferry ticket funding coming from I wonder?

Have a nice weekend, stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Hey...glad you like the shot glass. I could have gotten you a whole set of eight...leftovers from some Mountie "do" somewhere. It struck me as so ironic, too and just who is paying for shot glasses to be printed up like that. T-shirts maybe, pens maybe, but shot glasses a defintie no. Someone needs their head examined.

katy said...

it sure is a bloody crazy world, we too have a free exchange system for users they get new needles, this is at chemists.

Anonymous said...

shocking! you are a patient woman my friend, i would have not had the control to avoid smacking crackheadz and the nurse and the mounties too. but i've quit the smoke so i'm working through my own withdrawal issues...

Michael Colvin said...

Free crackpipes? I am speechless...

Anonymous said...

Mounties? Percentage wise, probably more alcoholics on the force than in the general population. One job you can be an asshole on a daily basis and get away with it.