Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Again with the Highest Tide?

You ask....well, just briefly. I wanted to take a bunch of photos from places in this book to share with you. But, as usual, while I was home, there was too much to do, too many people to see, not enough hours in the day and not enough days to visit...and it was hot, hot, hot...and have I ever mentioned how absolute Eem-er(Emma)'s seperation anxiety is? No? Well, remind me sometime. It doesn't make travel very easy. So some landmarks from the book and some landmarks that are just landmarks....
Capitol Lake.

The old brewery...Olympia Brewery.







Best. Bookstore. Ever. Forever.






The Eastside...(not my photo). Good beer. Good beer specials. Air Hockey.
Sweet....don't you love Air Hockey?!? I have been both tipsy and drunk in here. Once, apparently, so drunk that I don't remember being asked to leave. My roommate(s) and I were singing "Nothing Compares 2U" by Sinead O'COnner and "I Would Walk 500 Miles" by the Proclaimers long before the days of Karoake...and no, I can't tell you how old I was then.




Sylvester Park.








In the book, this was called the Sisterhood. I got ONE of my tattoos at the place next door. And yes, I have been drunk in this bar, too. Suprise.
Honestly, that's it. No big story tonight. If you want a story, read the Highest Tide. Okay, that was my last plug for that. C'mon now Heidi, get published so I have a new book to plug!!!









4 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I'm working on it!!!!

I really must read that book. What a buzz to know the setting so well and relate to it.

Biddie said...

Now I HAVE to read it. After Heidi's, of course.

Anonymous said...

Looks like we're all going to be scrambling to get that book and I'm waiting for Heidi's to come out, too.

Michael Colvin said...

I enjoyed it. It's a good book.