Wednesday, June 27, 2007

grey

Ominous, isn't it? Like Stephen King wrote this sky. We had thunder and lightning storms all day, off and on, Sunday. The skies were spooky...but in a cool way.What is also ominous, is the amount of cleanup going on at Spanglish, including J, who used to run it. I don't like to see her around. I hope it is just for insurance purposes. I hear that she is now entrenched in another "convenience store" owned by the same guy who owns this one...it's just around the corner and up the street. One of the neighbours there says that her end of the neighbourhood is "chaos" now. How can she keep getting a business license to ruin peoples' peace? I just don't get it.
I've been a wee bit uninspired lately....don't know what I want to write about. I thought that change in seasons, my trip, Michael's trip, would help with that. I guess I stopped taking the St. John's Wort a little too soon. Of course, the change in seasons just means it's warmer. It's still been a wee bit grey for my tastes...and it seems like many of my friends out there, my blogging friends, and friends a little closer, are in such hard places at the moment. You are all beyond the reach of my arms. It is frustrating. I feel ineffectual out here. But Willie Nelson is tomorrow night....and a bocce tournament this weekend. Should be a rousing good time. I started the St. John's again today, have been exercising this week for the first time in a very long time. So we'll see how it goes. I hope that everyone is feeling good today, better today, stronger today.
And that's all I've got to say about that.
For now.


5 comments:

Olly said...

I think everyone is a bit down right now.

School getting out sure adds a lot of challenges in my life as I work from an office at home. Very hard to concentrate with a corus of "can we go to the lake? Can my friends come over? Can we go get slurpies? C'mon September!!!!

That was a perfect sky over Spanglish. A very small funnel cloud reaching down and ripping just the store to smithereens would restore my faith.

Victoria said...

enjoy the show!

katy said...

the photo of the clouds is great it is spooky though.
have a great time at the show

Biddie said...

I LOVE that photo! VERY Stephen King, indeed!

Michael Colvin said...

[Ominous, isn't it? Like Stephen King wrote this sky.] You have such an amazing way with words Dilling.

I am finding it hard to blog as well at the moment. I am still reliving my recent holiday to take my mind off reality.