Tuesday, May 06, 2008

the shell game

Keep your eye on the prize, folks. Your eye on the prize.... At one time or another, each of these shells has hidden the prize, but which one holds it now? Lay your money down and take your guess.....
Yup...he's lived in all those shells(and one even smaller that I can't find now...it's like losing a lock of baby hair, or a kid's first tooth and it makes me sad that I don't have it!) in the nine or so years Sebastion has been with me. Cool, eh?
Anyhoo, it's not that I don't have anything to post, cuz I do. Michael and I went on a beautiful walk on Sunday that I want to show you all. We found treasure!!! I just haven't worked on those photos yet. After a glorious and chore packed weekend, great weather, getting the garden ready for planting, plant sales, and a treasure-hunting walk, bbq for dins, Monday morning my car died....well, not dead, of course, but not well, either. So everything takes forever cuz I gotta walk everywhere to do anything(through crackhead and hooker central...and if I am not walking a dog, yes, the Johns do slow down until I flip them the bird, asshats!)....miserable. It's like the big cleanup never happened.
But, whatever, that rant deserves a post of its very own so I will leave it for now. It's just that I am not out taking photos and such at the beautiful dog walking spots cuz I am stuck here for now.
Also, my running clinic was yesterday....we bumped it up a bit. Lordy, I was wheezing by the end of it...and today my calves are crying....loudly.
So, I will try to get to some photos worked on for you. The weather is super, though and I am trying to get all the sanding done on our bench for the deck, which was in sad shape after the winter. Saturday we are having a little birthday bbq for Michael so if you are around(you Nanaimoites), bring over something for the bbq sometime around dinner-ish time(and probably your own drinks. I would like to be a more generous hostess, but you see, my car just died the other day)....open house, so to speak, but not open bar.

4 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

He looks so cute with his claws peeping out. We have had gorgeous weather too. It is so nice to feel that summer is on its way.

Sorry to hear about your car and Happy Birthday to Michael!

Olly said...

I didn't know that hermit crabs lived so long. Cars really suck sometimes, eh? Do you have to wait long before it's fixed? I'd be tempted to take a pic of the John (yeah, I know - too dangerous) and send it in the that wonderful Dear John Blog:)
Happy Birthday to Micheal! Hope the weather hold on for the weekend.

dilling said...

Tod...he IS really cute, isn't he??? I love him lots.
Olly...I could have this guy with me for 20 more years, if I do everything right. Crazy, isn't it?
Heheheheh....me? Take pictures of Johns? No way. There should be a bumper sticker with site information, tho...I wonder who we could get to print and sell them?

Val Cox said...

ahh, I love hermit crabs, they are so funny! I'm so sorry about the car, what a pain!