Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nuke the Gay Whales for Jesus....

Have I offended everybody now? Okay then. Let's move on.
I know I was gonna post some pretty pictures today, but I will do that this weekend instead. Today on the front page of the paper was story about our local mayor, Mayor KORPAN. He is suing local Nanaimo citizens because they made a bumper sticker he didn't like. Yes, obviously, it was about him.
But instead of having a laugh over it, or dismissing it, or citing the failing public school system that teaches kids to spell corruption with a capitol K instead of a lower class c.....he has a full blown major hissy fit, getting all red in the face and stomping his feet over the whole deal, thereby fully making sure that those twenty five bumper stickers tooling around Nanaimo got WAY MORE attention that they ever would otherwise. Brilliant. I have have other Cor-words in mind, myself. Don't sue me over that.
Does he really think those bumper stickers are the WORST things ever said about him? Because I could tell him some things that I have heard people call him out loud, verbally, to other people...things that would curl your ears....make your Mountain Dew shoot out your nose.
Instead of taking the high road, he is suing a small local business owner who sold some of these bumper stickers in her establishment. A small business owner who chose to give downtown Nanaimo a chance when it was overrun with crackheads, dealers, hookers and nastiness instead of opening up at the mall. A small business owner who ran for mayor last time round. Just saying, maybe he's scared of a little competition...it's just conjecture on my part. Don't sue me over it.
To me, his actions speak way MORE LOUDLY than the bumper stickers ever did. Like a megaphone kind of loud, ya know?!? He is acting like a whiney child that maybe missed naptime. Don't sue me for that. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Besides, people bought them and put them on their own cars. It's not like she snuck around plastering them on other people's cars...you know all twenty-five of them. Sheesh.
People still drive around with anti-Jane Fonda stickers on their cars, anti-Bush slogans, anti-Kerry slogans, Pro-lifers call Pro-choicers murderers on their cars, hippies condemn the consumerists, even ones that advocate death to clowns, ad infinitum ad naseum....
He chose a life in politics...in public. You cannot expect everyone to like you...or, actually, you cannot even expect anyone to like you. Just saying.
Mr. Mayor, don't you have anything better to do with your time? You know, like oversee your duties as mayor? In case you haven't noticed, this town does have some real issues and some real problems that need some attending to.

***These are my personal OPINIONS on this matter and may not be put onto sticky paper and pasted on cars. Do not sue me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know he still lives with him mom, right? How embarrassing is that?

dilling said...

anon...it's kinda cute, really.

Gardenia said...

Gosh, he must not have enough of his Lordly duties to keep him busy.

Michael Colvin said...

[You know he still lives with him mom, right?]

Please tell me that's what it says on the bumper sticker, because it would make my day...

Alas said...

Very well said. Thanks. I agree. Don't sue me either.

Heidi the Hick said...

Yup, somebody needs a time out. And a nap. Maybe a snack, and then we can discuss using our inside voices when there's a disagreement.

Olly said...

Today's editorial page was great. Everyone telling Good-Time-Gary to get a life! What an ass.

Islander said...

Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.

Biddie said...

Well, I am not saying that all clowns should die, but they do kinda creep me out.
LOL at Heidi. Mind you, these are all just opinions, right? I really can not afford a lawsuit right now.....

dilling said...

olly, mine was in ther, too...
"get over it or get off the playground."
woot woot.

OBloodyHell said...

Cmon, what's been happening in Nanaimo over this?

It's been a year. Did someone sent Korpan home crying at election time?

Anonymous said...

Nuke the gay whales for Jesus? Offended? NOPE! People all need to learn to laugh a bit, I mean, that line is hilarious. :P And that mayor is a joke, lol, suing a small buisness? That's the way to help any area economy, lemme tell ya'...Just a thought, please don't sue...>.> Amazing though, SOMEBODY needs a new mayor, but I know how that feels, my mayor drinks all the tax money away with his friends, hires people from out of state to work in city hall if they're better looking/younger (my mom lost her job that way...) and builds roundabouts on streets made for trucks, which defeats the purpose a little bit. Idiocy and incompetance SHOULD be brought to the attention of the public. But that is just an oversized comment rant, please, don't sue.