Tuesday, December 18, 2007

it's beginning to feel a lot like....

Serendipity....that's what it feels like. I bet you thought I was going to say something else, eh? Suprises have been arriving at my door and for someone who sometimes feels bah humbuggy and grinchlike this time of the year, it's been pretty sweet.
Got a little something sweet and special from Biddie, and I will show you what it is when I post my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, okay? It's perfect. Thanks, Biddie. And a box of baked goods arrived from Michael's mom last night. I don't know where to begin OR when to stop with that.
And from Gawilli, wrapped in a plain cardboard box, magic. Yup. You heard me. A Box Full of Magic. She sent me cds so jam-packed with music that I can hardly move myself away from the stereo speakers. In fact, I have yet to listen to two of them since I have to listen again and again to the disc in the player right now. And I could barely take the last cd out to listen to this one. It's like listening to a year's worth(maybe more like two year's worth) of No Depression magazine. And that is my favorite magazine! What a musical repertoire Gawilli has. Wow. Thank you so very much, Gawilli!!! Literally, you rock! In the most glorious countrified-bluegrass-alternative-bluesy-soulful sort of way, of course! This is my favorite at this moment. This is beautiful and sweet and sad and feels like home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome. I'm SO glad you like them.

We first saw Reckless Kelly at Fitzgerald's in Berwyn, Illinois. I think they opened for Jimmy LaFave, if I remember it right. They were just starting out. Millican had just come out and we bought it that night. Now I guess they are pretty big. If you like them, you should check out Micky and the Motorcars. There are two Braun brothers in RK and one in Micky and the Motorcars. I like them as well. I'm anxious to hear what other songs you like.

Isn't music a good thing? It always lifts me up.