Thursday, December 20, 2007

Arbutus

I am a native of this coast... I am rainforest born,
blown by coastal winds,
twisted, and
shaped by the salt water of this western shore.
This is my home.
I am linked to great peoples,
indigenous,
settlers,
adventurers,
bound by the borders of this farthest western shore.
I grew here and nowhere else.
This is my home.
I can smell the Precious Life in each breath
and roll it's salt along my fingertips.
This is a sacred land.
This, this furthermost western shore,
is my home.
Welcome.

12 comments:

emily said...

did you write that?

miss you.

dilling said...

yup...I just wrote it now. You likey?
I miss you, too

Anonymous said...

lovely

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh that is lovely...

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good place to be.

Olly said...

Nice. I love all the Arbutus on the side of Newcastle Island when passing by. Looks like they are reaching out to us.

Coffeypot said...

Very pretty. I have trouble with Roses are Red...

raine said...

Artistry and poetry...is poetry artistry already?

katy said...

i likey thank you for sharing it is beautiful

emily said...

i don't just like, i love!

Val Cox said...

beautiful!

Michael Colvin said...

I like that. :)