Thursday, December 13, 2007

Friends

Today, I was on my way to have coffee that wasn't Starbucks with my new-ish friend, Rain. I say new-ish just because we hadn't "officially" met yet. Kind of like how I haven't met many of you in blog roll on the right hand of this screen...but I still consider you all my friends. Since Em moved, I don't have any coffee dates anymore, so this was pretty exciting. Eem-er and I stopped at Piper's Lagoon for a walk along the way, but it was so windy we moved on to Neck Point Park. There are more windbreaks and paths among the trees at Neck Point than at Piper's, but it was still quite blustery...
The park was pretty much empty, the tide was high and the waves were impressive. Once we were out of the trees, the wind was enough to nearly knock us over. I like it when the weather is like that!
And then to Rain's place, hot coffee to warm my frosty fingers and shortbread cookies with sprinkles!!! I can't seem to resist a cookie with sprinkles...and Eemer couldn't resist jumping on the beautiful furniture! Rain is probably still picking dog hair out of the couch! Eeeeek.
So we talked about this thing, that thing and the other things...just like we'd been chatting all along....and then?


Rain showed me how to get crafty! Who knew that I could be crafty? C'mon, I mean really. Baskets of moss(check out that colour green! It's gorgeous!), filled with soil, and then just add greenery. Sure, it sounds simple enough, doesn't it? If it's so simple, how did I have so many bald spots in mine?




But some good pointers from Rain and I got it all sorted. I think. I will have to look it over in the daylight...it may still need some stategically placed holly or bows or ornaments. My car smelled so good on the way home...I almost forgot that I carry three wet dogs a day in that car!



Thanks so much, Rain. See you again soon?!?





10 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

This brings back memories, tho there weren't any hanging baskets to be made when we met! I hope you all had fun!

raine said...

I wish I'd gone to Piper's to walk with you, too! And there's no dog hair on the couch, it's all on sweater...all the better to keep me warm.

Val Cox said...

it looks like a fantastic day!

Olly said...

That looked like fun. How is it this time of year you both can kick back and do something like that? It's nuts around here!

Maybe in the new year I will hook up with you guys for a visit!

Anonymous said...

That first picture is outstanding.

I have some branches outside that we cut off of the bottom of our tree. I bet they would work in one of those baskets. Thanks for the tip! I like that.

Anonymous said...

oh, will we ever have coffee and be crafty together???
since there are more of yea west coaster than me, i s'pose i'll have to come over there, not yeas over here...
i ate a jar of rain loganbeey jelly for breakfast, and if she is anything like her preserves, then she is devine.

katy said...

what a great way to spend a day, jealous i am now and so is Mr Milo he love Eem-er you know!

Heidi the Hick said...

sigh....

really must do long road trip. I hope the junos are held in BC next year. Calgary is close but not close enough!!!

Here's to blogbuddies!!!

Boy About Town said...

Hey Nanaimo! I read your cooments about your puppy hating any attention! Ours came from the pouns as well and we have no trouble with her until another animal comes within a block of her then she flips out! I see you have a cat as well, how,oh how did you make it work?

Islander said...

Love your blog. You are a very talented photographer. That is why I thought of you when I received the following. Boy I sure wish I could have been there.

http://www.facebook.com/
album.php?aid=14353&l=44ef5&id
=529472363