Wednesday, July 05, 2006

one minute on my street

Making a drug deal and smoking crack.....
One hooker.....
two hookers.....one minute.
Did I not say things have been too quiet? Something turned this week and many, many hookers are being dropped at Spanglish "Grocery" across the street...probably because the smoke shop downtown has quit carrying crack pipe making supplies. Guess who bought all their surplus? Yipper... the owner of Spanglish. Great addition to our neighbourhood, isn't she? Yesterday we saw numerous hookers dropped here, a semi(with his cargo attached) came rumbling up our street at 2am, parked across the street for 15 minutes or so with a hooker, and then started up his engine and left again. So, not only is he degrading our neighbourhood, he had to wake us all up to do it.
Some days it seems overwhelming and I hate it. Really truly hate it. The RCMP do nothing to help. The city just pushes all their homeless/drug -addicted/thieves/burglars/mentally ill out of their precious downtown because of their NewNanaimoCenter....revitalizing downtown. I ask you, would you, given the choice, have your convention(an already prehistoric idea) in Victoria, Vancouver or Nanaimo? Hmmmm. Let's think on that a moment, shall we? Victoria...nice. Vancouver....nice. Nanaimo...huh? Yeah, I thought so. I will post some good things later. I was just overwhelmed with this b.s. at the moment. Thought I might vent.

2 comments:

Biddie said...

That totally bites.We just moved out of a complex where the nextdoor neighbours sold crack and ass.No kidding,right next door.The cops did nothing,the landlord didn't care,and my kids were traumatized....Now we're in a nicr,quiet 'hood.Your photos could've been taken in our old 'hood.

dilling said...

exhausting, isn't it?!?