Monday, July 17, 2006

Englishman River


Another camp trip this past weekend, nine people and six dogs...if you can really call it camping. Yes, we slept in the van, and our friends all slept in tents...but it was a Provincial Campground with running water. We ate like we were at some five star restaurant, though there was the definite taste of campfire in everything. Next time out, I fully intend to blacken hotdogs on a stick over a flame...real camping! But once again, friends and neighbours laughing so long and loud. I love when we get away from the trials of our neighbourhood. It proves to me that it is not the fight that binds us, but the friendships. I like that. Also, on these trips, we don't talk about the crack and the hookers and the pushers, but we still have plenty to yak about.
You almost have to believe in elves and fairies in places like this, don't you?
Yikes! Er, hikes, I mean.
Tall trees
Englishman River
Englishman River, lower falls. There is another falls but the photos need a little photoshop help... I am so behind in my photos, still working on Butchart and now with this whole camp trip to crop and work out the glitches with lighting and all...and this weekend, we head out for 10 days camping in the Okanagan. I am so thankful that our summer dog has figured out it is alright to sleep while we are out. Our first trip out overnight with him had me worried. He never closed his eyes. This trip, he put himself to bed in the van and slept right through. Whew.
Enough for now...time for dog walkies. Talk at you later.

1 comment:

Heidi the Hick said...

Wow! This is one of the things I love about blogging- I get to glimpse things I might not ever get to see in real life.

Good for you to get out and hang with the trees!