Wednesday, July 05, 2006

i'm back....

My blueberries are blue-ing...
My sugar pumpkins are sugaring...
and my raspberries are rasping.

Ok, so here I am again. I didn't want to leave my rant as my final word tonight. I thought I might post some things that are making me happy, blueberries, pumpkins and raspberries. There's also a great story to tell about our picnic last night at Morrell Bird Sanctuary, as well, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am going to head off the bed, nurse a sore head(sometimes I still have this headache from Washington...freaky) and read for a while. I have been reading more again lately and that also makes me happy. I just finished a book called The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch. He was born and raised in Olympia(like me), and his story takes place there. It was so cool(yes, I am using the word cool) to read a story and picture exactly every place in it because I'd been there, grew up there. He did change the name of one bar/tavern in the book, but I knew which one he was talking about...he didn't change the name so much that we who lived there wouldn't know it. And....it was a great story, too. Really. But I am rambling now...distracted myself with something shiny(a good book), I guess.
G'nite all.

No comments: